Why no black/whitelist?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moonman239, May 31, 2012.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I get texts from scammers claiming that I won something. Now that I know I can report them to AT&T, I think I will do that every time they text me. Those guys deserve to be punished.

I would like to see this in iOS6. I know I've said that before.

In addition, some sort of automatic reporting system would be nice.

What would happen: Scammer sends me a text message. My phone blocks it because it's not allowed to get to me. The phone also reads the text message and determines that it should forward the text message to 7726 (AT&T's SMS spam reporting number). Later, the scammer is issued a sentence.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah, keep dreaming:)

3. burnside macrumors 6502

or...

Scammer sends you a text message, which your phone blocks because that's a naughty scammer. This prompts Siri to call the scammer and start b!tch!n him out. Siri then triangulates the scammers coordinates and forwards his position to the nearest police squad car for further investigation. In the meantime, Siri keeps you up-to-date with the scammer's whereabouts, criminal investigation, background checks, and court proceedings until he is locked up.

4. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

the iphone does need a way to block certain phone numbers. Its the only reason I still use my Google Voice number. I have SCE calling me about that stupid smart meter every other day after the second day I blocked and I can see they tried 5 more times in the last 2 weeks. It would be nice if i could do this directly in the iphone.

5. burnside macrumors 6502

Not the best solution, but you can jailbreak and start blocking them from the phone.

6. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

yes im aware of that i just do not want to jailbreak. We shouldn't have to it should be a standard feature. Its probably the only feature the Iphone doesn't have that I want.

im not going to post that the andriod can do it.