Why no inventory on T-Mobile Unlocked and Factory Unlocked 6/6+ by now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ET iPhone Home, Nov 30, 2014.

1. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Last year 2013, the release of the 5S factory unlocked came the day after Thanksgiving (not talking about the contract-free T-Mobile unlocked released on Day 1). This year, lack of inventory on T-Mobile unlocked (64GB specifically) and yet no release of the official factory unlocked on both the 6 and 6+. Why is Apple so low in supply? Do you think Apple is doing a fix on this bending issue which may be the reason why?

All 20 Stores in So. Cal. have no inventory for both 6/6+, with the exception of the 16GB version in all 3 colors.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

My guess is that sales are significantly higher on the 6 and 6Plus than the 5S last year. That said, for the most part, if istocknow.com is any indication, the Verizon models are a bit more plentiful. Just get one of them if you can't find a T-Mobile or official unlocked edition, and you are close to a retail store.

3. cuongnq macrumors member

May be apple can't selling on China market, it's created a black market to people buy iphone from US and selling this to China. And Unlocked mean work all carrier, global.

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

On the website it now shows "unlocked and contract-free" next to the T-Mobile one so it looks like there is no separate release this year since it's the same phone.

Supply online looks pretty decent now. Even the 6+ unlocked is shipping in 3-5 days now.

5. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

6. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

I was just gonna say that. All my waiting and for nothing.

7. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

lol it's your fault. Everybody tried to tell u.

8. mgb1120 macrumors 6502

Just got my "t mobile no contract free phone" from Apple.com and popped in my AT&T sim and it's perfect!

9. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I hate to say "I told you so", but in this case I'm quite enthusiastic about saying I told you so. We all told you so.

10. Chatter macrumors 6502a

The "factory unlocked" was out on launch day.

11. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Well it kind of solves the confusion. So now you can't get those and it's going to come with a t mobile sim regardless kinda wasteful

Things have changed for me. I just figured I'd join t mobiles eip program and just order one like that. That way I just use whatever Apple phone or really any phone I want while waiting for the 6. I don't even really want the 6 but it's all Applw has out right now that's new.

12. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

There was no confusion. The only person sowing confusion was you, by making up FUD and attempting to contradict people who actually bought iPhones from the Apple Store.

As for the EIP, why do that? You get a locked phone, which is exactly what you didn't want. If you buy it from Apple, you get it unlocked.

13. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

I just don't care any more

14. mgb1120 macrumors 6502

What's the difference between a "t mobile unlocked phone vs paying full price at the apple store?

15. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Thanks… I'm realizing that now since Apple hasn't launched an official factory unlocked like they did last year Thanksgiving with the 5S. Not one store out of the 20 here in So. Cal. has a T-Mobile 64GB iPhone 6 or 6+.

EDIT:

I spoke too soon. They're out. A bunch of stores has them. Now to decide between 6 or 6+.

16. Akack macrumors 6502a

Your response is priceless.....lmao. Everyone and their moms have been telling you that unlocked iPhone 6's have been avail since it was first launched!!!!

17. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

However. I feel that this is a mistake.

i guess Apple will need to retrain their employees to sell the t mobile phone as unlocked.

It's sad

18. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

No, as a consumer, you just need to educate yourself. Apple can't fix your issues.

19. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Well how about this: I don't like how they're selling the unlocked phone, labeled with T-Mobile. how about that

20. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It doesn't say anything about T-Mobile on the phone itself or even on the box. The only thing that is linked to T-Mobile is the SIM card, take it out, throw it away and you're done. :rolleyes:

21. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

I don't want to do that though because of what it says on the website. But I guess I can now since it says Unlocked and Sim Free but it should probably say Unlocked/Sim-Free Or actually just Unlocked.

Apple is not clear on the process. They probably even changed their minds on some issues.

22. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

They are very clear. It says "Unlocked" on their website, I don't know how they can be more clear.

Like you've been told from the beginning, buy the Verizon iPhone 5c/5s/6/6+. It is guaranteed to be unlocked, no matter what. They contain all of the same bands as the AT&T or T-Mobile phones, plus they all work on Verizon as well.

As per the verizon website:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/aboutus/commitment/safety-security/device-unlocking-policy.html

You can do whatever you want, but you're being irrational.

23. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I got my unlocked preordered on day one to my office.
    Dunno why you waited so long.

24. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

The difference is that if you buy it through T-Mobile with financing, it's locked out of the box and you have to request an unlock, which they won't grant unless you've had T-Mobile service for at least 40 days and have made at least two EIP payments. But then they may not unlock it if you've made the two EIP payments and may require you to pay off the phone in full, and even if you pay off the phone in full you still have to be on T-Mobile for 40 days.

25. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

You've been waiting all this time then you said you got a T-Mobile iPhone on eip, which is locked. How ironic lol