Why no unlocked iPhone on the stores...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j4zb4, Sep 14, 2012.

1. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

Last year there was an option for the purchase of the unlocked iPhone (contract free)... This year there is no such option... How come...? You think it will be added at a later date...?

Last year it was there since the beginning... Although you couldn't order the unlocked, but it was THERE on the site... This year I am anxious by its absence...

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

If you mean in the US, there was a month delay before unlocked iPhone 4S models went on sale.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm sure it will be available, it's just they don't want it there at the beginning so the carriers can lock you in with the contract if you want it right away, and they have limited stock.

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I see what you're saying. It doesn't show price, etc.. as last year in the beginning. It is mentioned though at least

5. smitty303 macrumors member

You know, I noticed last night that on the AT&T website, you could select a no-committment price on the iPhone 5 for $649, but it then required you to select a plan. I'm not sure if this was an error, but it was interesting to me that there even was an option other than the 2 year commitment. I didn't wanto to commit to anything, so I didn't go farther than that.