iPhone 11 Pro Why not just use an aluminum back for the 11 Pro? Frosted glass feels like aluminum.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
The matte glass looks and feels similar to the back of an aluminum iPod touch. Wouldn't Apple have been better off just using aluminum since it is stronger than glass?

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
the real question is, why do i need a wireless charging? when charging wirelessly, i cannot use the device.. so it is only for making things worse - i rather have an aluminium back cover than a glass cover.

cambookpro

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
the real question is, why do i need a wireless charging? when charging wirelessly, i cannot use the device.. so it is only for making things worse - i rather have an aluminium back cover than a glass cover.
I used to think wireless charging was a gimmick, but it’s so much easier if you just need to check something quickly. Don’t have to faff with a cable, just pick it up then place it back down. It’s just much more convenient for quick interactions than a dock or cradle.

Reactions: gswilder

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
You really don't need wireless charging, but it can be convenient. Some public places are already offering charging mats; these are better because you don't need to have a cable with you and they have lower maintenance costs than providing outlets which wear out and/or break.

Glass is also harder to scratch than aluminum and feels nicer in the hand, but that latter one is opinion. :)

Kmart9419

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2011
You really don't need wireless charging, but it can be convenient. Some public places are already offering charging mats; these are better because you don't need to have a cable with you and they have lower maintenance costs than providing outlets which wear out and/or break.

Glass is also harder to scratch than aluminum and feels nicer in the hand, but that latter one is opinion. :)
Glass shatters and is heavy.

Reactions: jimmy_uk