Why on earth are the apps in the settings not listed in alphabetical order?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by protobiont, Sep 21, 2014.

1. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Under settings, notifications, the apps are listed in a seemingly random order (perhaps the order they were installed?). This makes it needlessly time consuming, if you have a lot of apps, to find the one you want to make changes to.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to sort them by name?

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Mine are alphabetized, except Weather (The Weather Channel) is first. It looks the they stated it with a blank space thought to 'cheat' their way to the top.

3. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Press edit (top right corner). Then touch and hold the right side of each app and drag them up or down the list.

This will also effect the way they appear in notification center. That's why they are listed the way they are. In order of importance (to what you want to see)

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Forgot I had done this.:eek:

5. vega07 macrumors 65816

6. protobiont thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I kind of figured this was the case after I posted. Still who wants to alphabetize 50 apps?? Although it makes sense to let you order them in the notification center. I guess there is no great solution.

7. Zxxv macrumors 68040

They are alphabetised in settings. Scroll down. You can now also alter notifications etc from there. It's new to ios 8 :)