Why only 15s of slow motion recording on iPhone 6s Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hajime, Dec 28, 2015.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, I tried slow motion recording in two stores. Of the three 6s plus I tried, all of them stopped doing slow motion recording after the 15th second. I asked a sales in the Apple Store. He could not explain. He asked another sales. That person said that all demo iPhone 6s plus has a limitation of 15s of slow motion recording. The ones consumers get has not such limitation. Is this really true? How long can we record in 4k and in slow motion? Thanks.

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

I just recorded a 2 hour and 20 minute 4K video with my iPhone 6S and it was 53gb. No problem. Also, I've recorded slow motion clips way longer than 15 seconds as well.

3. hajime, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015

hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

How many GB does your phone has?As far as I recall, the two devices I tested in Apple Store had 64GB.

Could other user please test as well? If only the demo phones have such limitation, does the duration of slow motion recording depend on the amount of available storage in the phone?

4. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I have a 64GB, was able to record unlimited slow motion (I have a lot of free space.) I think you are asking if the model matters, it only matters how much actual free space you have. If you are low (<1GB remaining) then yes it will as the phone will be scrounging for space to write the video.

It is just a demo limitation on the store devices so that someone doesn't hit record and leave it there for an hour, making the phone unusable to the next customer because it just filled up the entire 64GB of memory. Also so that people don't sit there playing with the phones forever.

5. ABC5S macrumors 68040

OP, buy it, and if the slow motion duration does not meat your expectation, give it back.

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

128gb. I would have been able to record longer had I not run out of space. And no, size doesn't matter. Never had a problem with my 32gb 5S.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Yep, I am betting that Apple restricts the demo units for recording over 15 seconds. No such restriction on normal units

8. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030