Why should I sell my htc inspire 4g and get a white iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SysAdmNj, Apr 25, 2011.

1. SysAdmNj macrumors newbie

Have used all sorts of phones. I even had an iphone 4 black for a couple of weeks but the scare of it taking a while to be jailbroken made me bring it back. Yes, I am going to jailbreak the white iphone 4 if I get it. I dont think I have to reiterate whats already been said about android. Yes, its open and I can install a whole bunch of apps. I ran into an issue where I was sent 3gp and 3g2 videos and couldnt play them on the htc inspire, is this the case also on the iphone?
    Also, if I'm streaming audio through a link can it continue running in the background and also work with the car's bluetooth?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

We have no idea! You kinda need to decide what is most important to you. Hard for us to do that even though MANY here will try!:p

3. ap3604, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

I switched to the iPhone 4 from Android for the following reasons:
    - HID Bluetooth keyboard support
    - Netflix streaming app
    - Better screen resolution
    - Better battery life
    - Better resale value
    - Better appstore
    - Navigon GPS app that I like more than Google Maps Navigation
    - Best camera picture quality in the business

Its up to you though...

4. cas85 macrumors regular

if only there was a building full of people that are paid to try to convince you to buy Apple products. or if there was some machine that had access to tons of specs and reviews...

ok end sarcasm. idk why you should b/c i've never owned a smartphone that's not an iPhone, but i can tell you that i believe you would be more than satisfied with it.

if you aren't completely satisfied with your current phone and you're not hurting for cash, take the plunge. whats the worst that could happen?

5. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Because an HTC Inspire is an HTC Inspire.

Even if you choice was a Pink iPhone 4 you would have to do it.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It depends on how the 3GP files were encoded, but to be honest, if you can't play them on the HTC inspire, I don't think you'll have much luck playing them on a iPhone either.

Your best bet would be to use VLC on a desktop to transcode them into MP4 files with H.264 baseline encoding. Or, on a jailbroken iPhone you MIGHT be able to get VLC for the iPhone to play them.

Background streaming: yes.

Through bluetooth: depends on the car and what profiles it uses.

7. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

The white iPhone is HIDEOUS!! Puke puke puke!

8. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

I have to agree

9. MacChinoNyc, Apr 25, 2011

MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

I kinda like it.Just seems a little different. Since I already had the black one. Good to see another android user left for the iphone :)

[​IMG]

10. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

How funny, im an avid Android user but switched over to the iPhone 4 a few days ago for these exact reasons. Apps are better on iOS both visually and stability wise. Camera is bar none the best there is on a smartphone. Now, i still love Android but im waiting on the Samsung GS 2. :-D

BTW: I sold my Inspire 4G as well.

11. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

Do you really think apps are better on the ios than the inspire? I mean all those reasons mentioned are pretty good reasons though. If the iphone wasnt jailbroken I dont think I would even consider coming back. I just get too claustrophobic feeling locked down. You mention samsung, now thats just nasty. I cant stand samsung or motorola lol. First things that come to mind are plasticky and/or locked down.

12. SysAdmNj thread starter macrumors newbie

13. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Don't do it. Just wait for the new iPhone to come out. The white iPhone 4 is ugly as hell anyway.

14. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I dont think it's that shiny in real life. Thats a fake phone in that picture. A computer made image.

15. jb007clone macrumors 6502

jb007clone

16. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Well what i mean by better is really just better looking. Android apps as just down right ugly. Some of them have an ok look (Facebook, foursquare etc) but most of them have black background with white text and white lines as dividers. I told myself that it was ok for apps to look that way when the G1 came out, but after all these years they still look like that. Maybe its just me getting older but im starting to appreciate the small things in life such as a smooth OS and nice icons as well as apps. Im sort of getting over the whole "anti conformity" thing...i guess thats what happens when you have a career and turn 30. :p Anyway, thats just my opinion on things.

17. SysAdmNj, Apr 25, 2011

SysAdmNj thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont see why it wouldnt be that shiny as the black is covered in glass. no?

I definitely dont feel like waiting for the iphone 5? I figure by the time the iphone 5 comes out, and its jailbroken? Hmmm.

18. SysAdmNj thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I can see what youre saying. I just cant remember the apps looking that much better in ios, I definitely dont remember push notifications being better. I better go check out the iphone again and download some apps before I make this move, again lol.

19. milamber macrumors regular

20. samven582 macrumors 6502a

I would love to purchase an iPhone 4 but with my luck I always get them with yellow screens :(

21. Jookbox macrumors 6502

No one is twisting your arm to buy this phone. Do whatever you want.

22. milani macrumors 68000

milani

You should also let him know that he could be waiting until October. All indications to this point suggest that there will not be a new iPhone in June.

The only thing I'd add is that iOS apps, in general, are of better quality.

23. sim667 macrumors 65816

If you cant make your own mind up, then you should get a nokia 3330.

24. jonhcox macrumors regular

This. I did exactly the same. I liked the Inspire and I even had the battery pretty optimized so that I was getting 15 hours a day. In the end, several Android apps that I used were not as well designed as their Apple counterparts. I found that really disappointing. They were clumsier. Even given the difference in megapixels between the iPhone 4 5mp and the Inspire's 8mp, the iPhone's consistently delivered better images, especially in cloudy situations. I always used my phone to shoot 720p video of my 17 month old for my parents and the quality was much better on the iPhone. Also, this might not make sense, but my thumb and fingers didn't have to do as much to get apps going. The keyboard on the iPhone is better though I enjoyed the larger real estate of the Inspire.

I liked the Inspire- the screen was great and it was a very responsive phone. My decision was based on the fact that a lot of the things I used frequently just ran better on the iPhone. That said, I sold my iPhone to get the Inspire so I used that money from selling the Inspire to buy an iPod Touch. I'm going to wait until the next version of the phone to upgrade since I used mine for the Inspire, so that means that I have a minimum of 6 months until I can get any kind of deal. Until then I'll use my old Samsung Blackjack and my Touch to get me through.

25. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

I would love it if the iPhone came in FLAVORS like the original iMac. I have the green iMac and will never sell it! :D