Why Such Anger in the Alt-Right, & Rage in the Right, When You Guys Won?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Scepticalscribe, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Scepticalscribe, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Since the election, (dismal and unfortunate, though that lamentable outcome is), I have noticed one thing:

Why such anger, and frothing rage and incoherent fury among some of our right wingers, here?

Guys, you won.

Something tells me that you have a problem with this. Psychologically, you are behaving as though you lost.

You won.

You campaigned ugly, - you know the old adage about campaigning in poetry but governing in prose - well, Mr Trump did not campaign in poetry, but campaigned in nasty little sound-bites, by stirring up hate, channeling embittered frustration, and giving a voice to profound alienation.

However, you campaigned ugly, you won ugly, and are transitioning ugly. But you won.

Be nice about it.

But - if you can't manage that - how about explaining - (to this left leaning European) this wild, inchoate rage that seems to inhabit the souls of some of you?

2. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I won't speak for others here. As for me, I'm not mad. I smile because the man I voted for won. I have been very open about who I was voting for and got laughed at by co-workers, friends and family because they were for Hillary. They told me Trump had no chance. Then after Trump won, I was called racist, disgraceful, sexist and some will not even speak to me. All I do now is smile and not feed into the BS because lets be real, Trump won. When Obama won his 2 elections I was upset but nothing like whats happening in America with protests, riots, beatings etc... I sucked it up and carried on. Trump supporters need to take this time to enjoy his victory. The same with the Republican victories in the House and Senate. America has spoke and it's time to swallow the defeats and move forward.

3. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502

Ledsteplin

There's really not many members left in the true "alt-right". And they are mostly insignificant. As a conservative, I'm not angry about anything. I don't see conservatives angry on Twitter. Not sure where this "angry conservative" notion comes from. It's those on the left who are rioting and misbehaving.

4. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

Do you think Hillary campaigned in poetry? They both campaigned ugly. I am a Trump voter, and am also not angry. Tired of the name calling from the left but not angry.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Really? You are asking the right about anger while the left is rioting in the streets? Haha

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

My guy lost, the election stolen. I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by a cabal DNC/RNC insiders who rage, rage against the dying of the neocon right.

7. Zenithal Suspended

This rage had always been there, Sceptical. Trump just made it seem kosher to be open about it.

8. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Bernie I'm assuming? If he was my choice I'd still be pretty hot right now. I wouldn't blame the Right though. More Hillary and the DNC. His case reminds me a lot like how Ron Paul was treated by the RNC. When there is a threat to the establishment shady work gets done. That goes for both parties.

9. jerwin macrumors 65816

just wait until that rage acquires form.

10. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I'll be honest, I don't know what window you're looking out of, but it's not to the US the rest of us live in.

11. samiwas macrumors 65816

They were, and always have been angry. But, for a long time, it wasn't acceptable to show it. Now, there's no filter. They've seen the man who was elected spew all sorts of vile crap, so now it has been deemed acceptable to act like that.

Yep. Everyone on the left should show the exact same acceptance and cooperation that the right showed Obama.

Maybe it's all the people posting crap like "Ha! I love watching these pathetic snowflakes lose everything! We will control them now that we won everything. These pathetic losers have no idea what's about to happen! Watching them cry was the best part of it all." Just truly awful people. I have a few friends on the right, and they went from having opposite political views but still being tolerable people, to being some of the nastiest people I know overnight. The amount of joy they found in posting about others' unhappiness showed more about themselves than the people they were ridiculing.

Indeed. One friend in particular. He's always been a fairly quiet guy, collects Star Wars stuff, has a regular job, uber-Christian, but generally a nice guy. The night Trump won, I woke up to his Facebook page filled with links to stories about unhappy democrats, relishing in their unhappiness and just being a real dick about it. The following days got worse and worse. I don't know if it was my post that set him straight, but the day I made a post pointing out how awful people on the right had become, and how much their posts showed more about them than their subjects, I never saw another such post from him.

12. Scepticalscribe thread starter Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I'm not in the US, nor am I from the US, - I'm a left leaning and Social Democrat voting European - but I will admit that I have been stunned and stupefied reading the sheer rage - and indigestible bile - in some of these threads (notwithstanding the thoroughly regrettable and quite lamentable fact that the truly appalling Mr Trump won this electoral contest).

That, in turn, is what has prompted my thread.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You keep asking the right this, but I never see you question the left about the riots, etc. The left is throwing a hissy fit before anyone has been confirmed or Trump has taken office and done the first thing.

As President Obama once said, "Elections have consequences."

And as I've pointed out a few times before, you often point out bad behavior from the right while completely ignoring the same behavior of those on the left.

14. Scepticalscribe, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016

Scepticalscribe thread starter Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Ah, yes.

Thank you.

I had wondered about this venomous righteous rage, this jubilant delight in jeering at the defeat - a preferably - humiliation - of others, and the recent licensing - on these threads and elsewhere - of the right to express hatred and contempt along with sexist and racist nastiness with such open and vicious glee.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 19, 2016 ---
    Criticise the vicious racist and sexist and hate filled language from the right - and take a little less glee in expressing jubilant joy at the humiliation of others - and I will treat your faux espressos of balanced objectivity with a little more credibility. At present, I must confess, they entirely lack that.

In truth, - and yes, I am a trained historian - I have read, and remembered, and noted who has written what - I have yet to see a remotely objective post from your avatar.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Funny, I could say the same about your posts.

Anyway, have a good night and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

You misremember much and are confused yourself as to whom is whom, as I pointed out earlier.

17. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Lamentable... the perfect adjective to describe Trump'a Election... if not this entire election.

I think that word fits for most people in America. I can't speak for the people who voted for Trump being "angry", TBH I've been spending little time around here lately maininly due to the childish behavior that has sadly flourished out of even some of the the most level headed posters here. Sore losers, sore winners, just all around annoying to be around.

If I had to guess, people on the right (or independent/moderate) are "angry" because Trump was not their ideal candidate. Sure, they won, but they're unhappy with the candidate options they had.

18. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

We can't list user names so I'm not sure who you are referring to. You could however show some links to threads that demonstrate your point.

I have not seen rage but I have seen some gloating by right wingers. That is to be expected.

19. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

If you define a few people bullying online as anger, how do you define those people rioting in the streets, defecating in public, blocking traffic, and yelling all sort of profanity?

20. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Who is angry?

Name names.

21. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Rage? if anything righties have a little bit more spring in their step since Trump won.

You may be confusing rage with a turn of the tide against your home ideology.

22. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

This reads as an exceptionally angry demand. ;)

23. JesperA macrumors 6502a

Just curious if the OP can give an example of the "rights rage" that even come close to the same level of the violent riots left that is going on all over USA currently?

I noticed the same thing before the election by the left, words is apparently worse than actions, which i cant relate to, in my book, actual violence (like the current riots from the left that are attacking innocent people and destroying property) is worse than a random hissyfit by the right on twitter or wherever the OP found the "rage", currently, the rights action is so minute compared to the left, to such an extent that i cant even understand how someone can complain about the rights actions.

24. werked macrumors regular

werked

He/she can't give examples. Put me down in the happy right camp. No anger here. I haven't seen these people the OP speaks of either.

25. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

I'm a moderate with a hint of right. I actually preferred Bernie, but in his absence I preferred Trump over anything named Clinton.

I don't feel rage. I feel amused. I feel invigorated by lefty butthurt.