Why the Apple WILL launch the iPhone 5C

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fandroid98, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Fandroid98 macrumors newbie

The rumored iPhone 5C is a must for Apple. Here are some reasons I have no doubt that Apple will launch it:
    1. The new iPod Touch for $229 - This shows that Apple wants everyone on a 4 inch screen, and using the lightning port. Apple was willing to launch a new product that was slightly more expensive than the previous gen but still offered much more value just to get users on the latest technology.
    2. Self - Cannibalization: Apple is not afraid to cannibalize some sales of the iPhone. Just look at the iPad Mini. Apple would rather cannibalize their own products than have Samsung do it.
    3. Apple has done this before- Apple has released more affordable, but not CHEAP crap. Example: White Plastic macbooks, ipod shuffle, Mac Mini, Macbook airs for $999.
    What's your take?

2. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

I don't understand the point of this thread. Is anyone seriously questioning the 5C? We've seen so many leaked photos of the new device that it won't surprise a single person when it's officially announced.

3. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

Um you may want to rename this thread, here we dont call apple "The Apple" :confused:

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Um ya I don't think you need to convince us that Apple will release the 5C.. we all agree it will be released :lol:

5. nilzi macrumors regular

IMP, lots of people in poor countries can't afford the iPhone 5 or 5S, so Apple must create a cheap iPhone 5S to win these people so that expand its market.

6. TheProFTW macrumors regular

They would buy an iPhone 4. I don't think they can get the 5C low enough. I'm thinking they want it for the $0 on contract teen market

7. Fandroid98 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ooops! That was an accident.

8. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Because they will not offer you to buy the iphone 5 when the 5S is out, we must choose between the 5C and the 5S...