Why the iPhone 4S is The best and most innovative smartphone on the market

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Harvey Specter, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

I'm definitely getting it. I don't understand why many people were claiming that "apple failed" and that the new iPhone is only a slight upgrade from the 4. The new 4S is an incredible phone! Apple did what they needed to do to stay on top of the competition. It now has the best camera by far, the fastest speeds, the best antennas, the best battery, the best voice recognition software, and the best design. So many people got really butthurt because there wasn't a screen size bump so they claimed that apple was no longer 'innovative'. Apple made a huge innovative leap, and has turned a phone into a personal assistant that is always ready for you, and made the competition look like fools by improving their functions to be superior in the new iPhone.

Don't get me wrong, I was really hoping for a redesigned iPhone 5, but I just wanted to help explain why this is really a good thing and not as bad as some people may portray it.

2. kalex macrumors 65816

back in 2010 it was, end of 2011 not so much. How do u know it has fastest speed, best antennas, best battery and best voice recognition? was that based on yesterday's demo?

3. wratran macrumors regular

4s has the smallest screen...way behind the competition

4. Harvey Specter thread starter macrumors regular

So you're judging who's on top of the competition by who has the largest screen?

5. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

Yes, he is. That's what the 'cool kids' around here are all doing.

It's retarded.

6. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

The best antenna? That's what they said last time. The best voice recognition software? Siri and Nuance have been available in the app store for 1.5 years. The best camera? Is this really a way we now judge cellphones? The best camera never doubles as a cellphone. Sure, no one doubts it will be a great phone. But compared to what Apple has been selling since July 2010, not that impressive.

7. amdmaxx macrumors member

Nexus Prime will have:
    large screen
    LTE
    1.5 GHZ dual core processor
    ice cream OS
    NFC
    720p..

4S does not

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Says who? You?

9. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Really?!...It's retarded to ask for a big screen?!!!. It has nothing with being cool, it's a matter of being able to see more and it's easier on the eyes. I bet when Apple releases a bigger screen, you will change your mind.

10. hcho3 macrumors 68030

If nexus prime does have LTE, then it's so useless...

Only Verizon has enough coverage to support it.

Sprint has no LTE.
    AT&T only has rolled out in 5 markets.

T-mobile is don't ask.

LTE is not really useful for me without good coverage. It sounds to me that NEXUS prime will be Verizon exclusive.

11. Harvey Specter thread starter macrumors regular

Were not talking about asking for a bigger screen, were talking about people judging who's on top by the screen size. And were also not saying that we want a 3.5" screen, I do want a larger one, but this is the way it is now, and it's not that bad

12. Smoother macrumors member

Useless? cause some people can't take part of the goodie? Like most people in Europe, the 5 markets of AT&T and Verizon people can take part of it? So it's very useful to them. Tough luck for the rest of you. It's like saying the iPhone is useless cause people in the bushes in Africa (wild assumption) can't surf at 7.2 or whatever.. You'll still be able to surf at your retro speeds of 7.2 even if the phone can do a lot more. Just like your network card or whatever it's called on your computer probably an receive a lot more than your internet provider can provide.

13. mountains macrumors regular

Okay, what about GPU, CPU, GPU, RAM, or LTE capability?

14. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

Thats where I stopped reading.

15. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

We're not saying that Apple failed and that the 4S is a bad phone. It by many measures is definitely not.

We're saying Apple, and specifically Tim Cook, failed at managing expectations going into the event. Normally, Apple does controlled leaks as part of managing expectations going into events. They have a full idea of what the rumor mill is, and what people and the media are expecting going into an Apple event. Unfortunately, this time around, it seems that either a) they did not have an idea, or b) they didn't manage expectations well enough. Now, this could have something to do with the recent tragedy of Steve (God bless him), but we just aren't sure.

If they had released the 4S this June instead of delaying it, people wouldn't be as mad. I might even have bought it, since I'd know that the 5 (or 6) would be available the following June.

But taking the extra time, and letting the rumor mill run rampant with hopes and expectations, only backfired on Apple this time. They really blew it this time. Don't get me wrong. The 4S will sell like crazy, and Apple will keep shattering Wall St. expectations with record profitability, but its reputation certainly has endured a hit.

16. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Yeah but the 4s shoots 1080p

17. walie macrumors 6502a

this is not unique

18. spikefood macrumors regular

I love all the new features, just wish the screen was a tad larger, even if it was just 3.7. I've used every phone since day one, so ill buy this one too. But it is a bummer using the same size screen for 4 years. I will be a bit upset if they release an iphone 5 come june though. :(

19. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Says who? It hasnt even been unveiled yet and you know what carrier is going to have it? Why would they give it to Verizon? It was always an exclusive T-Mobile device so why wouldnt they give it to them or AT&T.....IF the merger is a go and even then, it wont be final for another year so why wouldnt T-Mobile get it as usual, or at least get it first?

----------

Did a 10 second Google search and looks to me all carriers will get it so ill assume you were guessing for whatever reason.

http://googlenexus-4.com/

20. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Why thats seriously whats its called. Its called Ice Cream Sandwhich, Android 4.0

21. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Actually, the battery standby time seems to be 100 hours less than that of the iP4 and 3GS. Yea, the usage time of the battery seems to be slightly improved, but until it's put to test in the real world, it'd be a little bit premature to label it the best.

In fact, saying the 4S has the best anything at this point is a bit pre-mature since it hasn't even been released yet, no?

How about we all wait until it gets released and see how the Nexus Prime with ICS compares, before saying it's the best. Rather than just spouting stuff out without any actual basis to it. Too much to ask?

22. Obese Lobsters macrumors member

I'm not convinced that that many people are disappointed. I think that most people will be pleased by the new additions and that only a fraction of iPhone/android owners are complaining about a weak iPhone 4 successor.

23. cward0715 macrumors regular

The SCREEN is 720p. It (Nexus Prime) has a higher DPI than the iPhone.

24. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I am waiting on the nexus nexus which will have 5.95" screen at 480x240 resolution. It will be streets ahead of apple

25. Zeonmx macrumors member

Another desperate attempt to make 4S not outdated compared to already existing phones or phones that are coming out in few weeks?

:D