Why the return period of Apple Canada is half of that in the USA?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hajime, Jun 3, 2018.

1. hajime macrumors 601

Hello, I read that in the USA, the return period for Apple products in a month but in Canada, it is only 2 weeks. How come?

2. Adam Warlock macrumors regular

Adam Warlock

Exchange rate.

But seriously, Apple Canada's return period is actually 15 days for online and retail while the American one is 14 days for both online and retail.

3. chscag macrumors 68030

chscag

I don't know where you read that, but the return period in the US has always been 14 days.

4. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

Like money, apparently the American day is worth more too. Only in this case, it works out in favor of Canada. Hmm... somebody needs to get working on that exchange rate. :p

5. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

Perhaps you heard about the extended return period during the Christmas holiday season? There is typically a return period for items purchased in December that expires in early January, to allow gift recipients time to return/exchange the gift. Many retailers do this. During other times of the year, it's 14 days, as the others have noted.

6. campyguy macrumors 68040

Agreed with the 14-day period with the AS. I've purchased in the past year from Apple's Amazon Store - rMBPs and iMPs - 30 days there, shipped directly from Apple.

7. hajime thread starter macrumors 601