Why there isn’t RoboForm at Mac App Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jingol, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Jingol macrumors member

Hello Bro

I know there is RoboForm for Mac in www.roboform.com/for-mac

but I want know why do release RoboForm at iOS App Store but there isn't RoboForm for Mac App Store ?

thanks

2. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I don't know the answer to that but I do know that there is a LOT of software released for mac that is not in the app store. My GUESS would be that they do not want to deal with apple's approval process and with mac apps they can just go outside.

3. 960design macrumors 68000

I can think of several reasons:
    1) Their code sucks and cannot pass Apple's strict compliance
    2) Their code is unsafe and sends information to their third party servers ( bascially stealing all of your data )
    3) Apple already has a very safe and secure keychain that does the dangerous work that you do not want to get out to third parties.

4. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I've been using Roboform for years, including the "everywhere" product that encrypts and stores my data in their "cloud" so I can access my accounts and passwords from/with my mobile devices (Android phone and tablet). No issues in that time.

I think they just didn't feel there was a need to deal with Apple's approvals when it could be released as a DMG to download and install. It might also have to do with the subscription-based service they sell, I think Apple has restrictions on those when the app is sold through the MAS.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It could be that they don't want to gov apple a 30% of their proceeds, or that their code is not within apple's guidelines. There are many apps that are not in the app store, many of these are excellent products, and the developer chooses to put them in the app store for their specific reasons.