Why These Union Members and Lifelong Democrats Are Voting for Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jul 28, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The Democrats are fanning war fever with Russia to deflect attention from Hillary and Obama's anti-American, anti-working class policies; however, many working Americans aren't having any of it.

So long as Democrats worry about transgendered border-hopping Muslims from Asscrackistan more than they care about unemployed Ohio steelworkers, they will continue to lose working-class votes.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-and-lifelong-democrats-are-voting-trump.html

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

No one has claimed the the GOP or Frumpites have totally corned the market on stupidity. It seems reasonable to consider something new, but please sheep, don't pick the wolf to be your leader unless you like being on the menu.

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

These is a beautiful photo essay of working Americans betrayed by NAFTA, CAFTA, TPP, repeal of Glass-Steagall, corporate welfare, and Wall Street bailouts. Want to continue to status quo? Keep voting for the same entrenched, careerist political elites that wrought this upon America.

4. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

You have to seriously need your head examined if you are in a union and support a Clinton.

5. CalWizrd, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016

CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Conversely, you have to seriously need your head examined if you have a brain and support Trump, IMHO.

And BTW, I detest Hillary, but she will get my vote to prevent mega-ego-man from winning.

I have come to the conclusion that if I continue to read various election/candidate threads on this forum, and irresistibly reply to some/all of them, I will undoubtedly lose my mind.

With this in mind, I have decided to compose a post which, although it will most definitely lead to my permanent ban, will let me express my basest uncensored feelings concerning g some of the members of this forum.

Let me start with the Trump supporters. F^U^C^K^I^N^G M^O^R^O^N^S, all of them. How they can hear the absurd babble from Trump’s mouth, and still want to see him in the Oval Office, amazes me.

Let me totally insure my ban by naming them.

@FieldingMelish, @thewitt, @tgara, @maxsix, et al.

You are incredibly stupid, stupid, stupid.

Then there is the moron child @Hieveryone. I can’t decide if he is simply a frustrated 13 year old who enjoys posting assorted S^H^I^T, or has actually reached adulthood and is, to use a severely un-PC term, simply retarded. I can’t decide.

One last shout out to @vrDrew. You are the dullest human being on earth.

And @jkcerda. Still love you. When will @Renzatic be back?

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yes, but not all unions are bad.

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Who are the other candidates and what will they do differently? What have current ones said and the most convincingly? Wouldn't people with brains vote on the issues instead of playing with purported egos?

8. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Despite the DNC's hilarious attempt to rebrand Hillary as a "change-maker" she is the poster child of the corporate takeover of the Democratic Party by an entrenched super-elite. All her claims of now opposing TPP, opposing Wall Street, etc, are transparent lies that nobody is buying.

9. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Spare me.

First, the photographer decided to began making photographs after reading the Daily Worker, a newspaper published in New York by the Communist party. In 1957, he was called before the House Un-American Activities Committee.

This is exactly the kind of person Republicans would attack. And, people in those portraits have been kicked in the head by Republican policies for decades going back to Reagan's theory of "trickle down" economics. (Even the metaphor of trickle down is telling, the people at the bottom get drips and drabs while the people above get rain.)

Even the repeal of Glass-Steagall was introduced and sponsored by three Republicans, hence it's name: the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act. Meanwhile, Republicans have made sure to break or bend every attempt by Congress or the President to rein in Wall Street.

Not that Democrats should escape their own opprobrium, but don't tell me that a Republican—especially Donald Trump—is going to fix any of this. You might as well hope that fish will learn to ride bicycles.

10. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

As were Arthur Miller, Jackie Robinson, and Humphrey Bogart. So?

11. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Odd, you say that, but those on the right collectively spend a lot more time talking about transgendered folks and Muslims.

12. boast macrumors 65816

boast

And slowly being pushed out of the party to make wave for the younger more open minded generation.

13. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

OP: Do you seriously think that Trump gives one iota of care for poor and working class people? How much has he donated in terms of time, effort and money towards helping Americans who have been left behind by the economy?

I think most of us would agree that job insecurity, stagnant wages, and wealth inequality are huge problems in the US. Trumps talks the talk, but until now he's done nothing about these issues so far as I can see. The Democrats are not blameless in this situation, but supporting a 'vote-the-bums-out' movement without seriously considering who's being voted in can be disastrous.

Think about it: during the Great Depression people in many countries chose nationalist leaders who exploited the anger of citizens. In each case these leaders pointed a finger and blamed people with the least power in each society. Immigrants are not responsible for the economy leaving people behind: rich ****s like Trump are. They are the ones who have used a 'pro-business' lobby to make lives better for managers and the idle rich. And, frankly, the Republicans have been the mouthpiece of this lobby since Reagan. Do you really think Trump has changed that?

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

It's hilarious as **** that these people think an egomaniac multimillionaire who has never done anything that didn't directly benefit himself in his life actually care about them or helping them get jobs.

You can't fix stupid.

15. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

It's impossible to know what anyone is thinking, especially an ADD freak like Trump.

What can Trump do as a private citizen? However, Hillary has done much: she voted to invade Iraq, she supported NAFTA, she supported repealing Glass-Stegall, she supported TPP, she is owned by Wall Street crooks, she overthrew sovereign governments, she promises coal miners will be unemployed, etc, etc. The list is long and very awful. Every single thing that entrenched political elites like Hillary do are antithetical to the working class.

16. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

He can donate his time, expertise, and money. How much of that has he done?*

Trump, as a business elite, is one of the people who pulled the strings of those politicians. We can only hope the politicians have gotten the message that that is no longer acceptable. As for Hillary, her record is mixed, but at least she has a record of public service. Trump has a record of self-service.

--
    Edit: *I am glad that you tacitly acknowledge that some social functions cannot be accomplished through the actions of private citizens. Yet Trump has been nominated by the party of 'small government' that believes in the austerity fairy.

17. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Start by not having his company recruiting foreign workers for cheap while simultaneously claiming he cares about jobs for Americans?

You cannot get more transparent than Trump here. He's playing all his supporters for fools and lying straight to their faces that he "cares" about them.

He doesn't give a ****. Never has on his almost 70 years on this planet and never will.

18. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

“But Hillary says things and I nod along because if not: Trump. I’m confused again.”

19. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

That's more than a "mixed" record. It's a record of a rapacious, amoral, anti-working class, political elitist. It's also one of the reasons younger voters abandoned her and why she is doing so poorly in the polls.

20. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Trump never hired anyone, gave anyone a job, paycheck, career, housed anyone, helped them put food on the table for themselves or their families. He did it all himself. Oh wait, he’s probably only employed more people than the entire Clinton family has combined.

21. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

If you're in a union, likely your union money is going to support Hillary.

Code:
    Saban Capital Group    $10,036,238
    Renaissance Technologies    $9,518,800
    Pritzker Group    $7,873,257
    Soros Fund Management    $7,044,600
    Paloma Partners    $6,108,400
    Newsweb Corp    $5,013,500
    DE Shaw Research    $3,053,601
    Center for Middle East Peace    $3,008,100
    Plumbers/Pipefitters Union    $3,007,275
    Laborers Union    $3,006,610
    Herb & Marion Sandler/Sandler Foundation    $3,002,700
    Carpenters & Joiners Union    $2,505,400
    Fair Share Action    $2,255,000
    Barbara Lee Family Foundation    $2,099,604
    American Federation of Teachers    $2,073,717
    DreamWorks SKG    $2,015,700
    Operating Engineers Union    $2,010,000
    Bohemian Foundation    $2,002,700
    BLS Investments    $2,002,700
    Paloma Partners Advisors    $2,000,000
    Code:
    1    Securities & Investment    $41,399,247
    2    Retired    $31,624,860
    3    Lawyers/Law Firms    $23,080,181
    4    TV/Movies/Music    $17,757,404
    5    Non-Profit Institutions    $11,344,298
    6    Building Trade Unions    $10,906,164
    7    Education    $9,473,385
    8    Real Estate    $8,972,781
    9    Women's Issues    $8,780,634
    10    Printing & Publishing    $7,841,002
    11    Democratic/Liberal    $7,822,810
    12    Business Services    $6,482,251
    13    Health Professionals    $5,441,526
    14    Civil Servants/Public Officials    $4,374,257
    15    Public Sector Unions    $4,145,040
    16    Pharmaceuticals/Health Products    $3,888,202
    17    Pro-Israel    $3,449,347
    18    Misc Finance    $3,299,940
    19    Construction Services    $2,626,142
    20    Misc Business    $2,569,286

22. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

And your point is?

Employing someone to make your business money and caring about others and their well being are two completely different things.

Nothing you said does anything to support the notion of Trump caring about the average American worker.

Now, Trump's actions and comments, on the other hand, supports the notion that he doesn't care. Cases in point? Look at the other thread about him wanting to hire foreign workers for less than Americans for in Florida. Look at his comments about the housing collapse and how he was rooting for it to collapse so he could make more money, not giving a **** about all the American families who lost their homes.

It's quite clear when you look at his history he doesn't care. He's nothing but a con man.

23. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Hasn't done anything beside provide job opportunities through his businesses.

24. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Good for him but that doesn't mean ****. See my above post.

25. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Feed a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a life time. You're right doesn't mean anything. :rolleyes: