Why Trump will win in 2020 and it won't even be close

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, May 28, 2019.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

interesting

https://news.yahoo.com/why-trump-win-2020-wont-112700761.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=fb

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

Ah predicting a sure win, a landslide even.

Seems we're stuck in a time loop.

4. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Just remember, we don’t have support an immoral sociopath, and flush our National integrity, just to have a decent economy. It would also be nice to still have a livable environment, social justice, some allies we can depend on in a pinch, and a POTUS not in the pockets of dictators, because he’d like to build a tower with his name on it in their country.

5. hawkeye_a, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019

hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

Elections are lost and seldom won. I think/feel/hope that people are pragmatic not idealistic.

All President Trump needs to do is to appeal to the middle-working-class. So far, President Trump has been a good president, despite all the BS that has been thrown his way (compared to the cakewalk the previous guy had anyway). I think a second term is well deserved. It's a shame that blue-collar-voters have been abandoned by the party of labor, for a loony-tunes agenda.

A "healthy" political process depends on worthy adversaries on both sides. And the fact that one side(the left) has lurched so far to the extreme does not make for a healthy system.

PS>>I'm not one for predictions, but I think(and hope) Nikki Haley will be President someday.

PPS>>I also do not think America is anymore polarized than it was 5, 10, 15 or 20 years ago.

6. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

He’s never had more than roughly 45% support and he won in 2016 with that level of support only because he had the advantage of an unlikeable opponent that everyone thought would win. Because virtually everyone thought that Hilary would win, many people felt like their votes did not really matter and they were free to vote third party. I personally know at least a dozen people who voted third party, but would never have done so if they thought that there was a chance that Trump would have won. Those people are far more likely to vote for the Democratic Party nominee in this election. And, it was third party voters who made the difference in 2016. Over a third of Trump’s electoral votes (107) came from states where he won with less than 50% of the vote. If we go back to a 2012-type election, where the thirty party candidates get less than 2% nationwide, Trump has a very big problem. He’s not going to win again unless he either substantially increases his support (and there is no evidence that that’s going to happen) or he splits the anti-Trump vote like he did in 2016.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

national integrity? went out with Bush, expanded/extended by Obama and continued by trump.
    Obama sold out the American public to the insurance industry.

8. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

You've got so much equivalence in you, I'm surprised you can distinguish between the sides. Yet you are in this forum consisently cheerleading for the GOP. :)

9. samcraig macrumors P6

It's very interesting isn't it. I mean - he's cheerleading for the GOP yet wants Tulsi to win. Conflicted is he.

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda