Why Vladimir Putin’s Russia Is Backing Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Nov 4, 2016.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

true not true?

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...a-hillary-clinton-united-states-europe-516895

2. zin macrumors 6502

It's really disgusting that Donald Trump, the man who is trying to stop a new Cold War, is being painted as a Putin puppet. It's seriously a sad display of American propaganda.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

4. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Lol! I really don't have anything after that. Well I do...but MR has moderators. Enjoy your pie.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Trump has no one but himself to blame for that perception. Saying they were "stablemates" on 60 minutes, going out of his way to say nice things simply because he complimented Trump first, thinking Putin isn't in Ukraine already, pondering if NATO is needed still, talking about the money he gets from Russians, hiring a campaign manager with ties to deposed Ukraine leader who fled to Russia and has ties to Putin ....gee, I wonder why people connect Trump to Putin? :rolleyes:

6. zin macrumors 6502

He said nice things and thinks it'd be good if Russia and the U.S. got along?

Goodness. Send in the FBI.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2016 ---
    Not just my view.

Enjoy the propaganda. You're lapping it up very well.

7. werked macrumors regular

werked

If he was (not saying he is) I don't blame him. She put herself into Russia's elections. Hillary supporters probably don't remember this (or overlook and make excuses) Lol.

8. steve knight, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016

steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Yes when you are one with putin it is easy to stop a war. By the way he is not doing anything but flapping his gums he is also not building a wall. Nice little news story how much uh the Russians like trump because democracy is their enemy. Not because trump will.make peace.
    So this may be the first time we elect a president that Russia supports.

9. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Thank you. You also.

You're pile is apparently quite delicious.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Gee if my grandparents could have lived to see this election... they'd have croaked. Yowza!

I'm a little surprised Vlad hasn't lobbed one over to Lithuania by now. But then he plays the long game.

11. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

13. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Thank you. Sovereignty should always be respected, especially during elections time.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Obama interjected himself into the Brexit vote as well, and lost

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

16. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Like in uranium ore?

17. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Russia is not our enemy. Hillary needs to stop saber rattling before Putin calls her bluff.

Trump not being adversarial with Russia is a good thing.

18. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

This fear of Russia that lots of Americans apparently still have 20+ years after the end of the Cold War is absurd.

19. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/08...and-russia-sympathies-has-long-history-in-us/

20. Meister Suspended

Meister

Member Barry?:
    "Yes we can" - "Hope"
    The msm was celebrating this idiot who can't speak a fluent sentence.

The traitors are in full panic mode.
    They'll do whatever it takes.
    So will we.

Either way - if you think this is over on nov 8th, think again.

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Russia doesn't want Trump to win, they want Hilary to win with a small majority.

22. Huntn, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It's amazing the perceptions and things people say in political context, shaped by politics, who they support politically. Really funny is when the saber rattling rhetoric directed at or trying to paint Hillary as a war monger comes from the same crowd that gave us the Iraq invasion and who used to support the idea of an independent Ukraine, used to think that taking out a dictator was a good enough reason to invade, now think that the Russians propping up Assad in Syria is a good idea while murdering refugees, women, and children, and apparantly don't give a shirt that Russia is messing with us and our Democratic process through Wikileaks.

Oh yeah I momentarily forgot the end justifies the means conservative thinking. If they are trying to take Hillary down, they really like us and are just trying to help, so go easy on them, and those of us who cheerlead for Russia are not really their pawns. After all they have the Trust seal of approval, our new gold standard. :oops:

The bottom line is that Russia needs a US Sucker in Chief , better yet a clown in charge of the US so they can continue modernizing their nuclear forces without hinderance.

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah... in that Lithuanian mural of Donny deeply kissing Vlad, Donny's not looking like the puppet. :D I didn't take it as sad American oppo-proppo though, I took it as Lithuanians reminding Vlad that Lithuanians can paint whatever they like on the outside of their drinking establishments. And imagine the conversations within!

Poor Vladimir out there on his own staring east at that thin and unreliable bunch of no man's lands between Russia and China, while just past the western edge of Vlad's empire they party down in gaily painted bars and talk about God knows what. Heretical stuff like how great it is being in the EU.

Maybe they're even mocking the new St. Vladimir statue in Moscow. Sixty feet tall. Whoosh! No puppet there! And in case we don't get it, statues of Ivan the terrible popping up everywhere too!

On topic: I don't think Russia's backing Trump. Putin after all is perfectly capable of being civil with Hillary. It's Trump lacks the manners for diplomacy. Russia's just distracting Russians from what their own dear leader is up to, as he continues to rip the place off and consolidate power with the help of hand-picked aides, just as any world leader worth his salt would do (if you asked Vladimir Putin).

24. samcraig macrumors P6

Thank you! I don't think I've ever laughed at or enjoyed a post more than this one. Well done.