Why wait for 16gb..wait for 32gb...why wait for 32gb....wait for 64gb..yougetthepoint

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric Lewis, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

Why wait for 16gb..wait for 32gb.
    ..why wait for 32gb....wait for 64gb..
    ..why wait for 64gb...wait for 128gb...
    ..why wait for 128gb...wait for 256gb.....

It will just go on forever...wow

people buy the 8gb and be happy...dont wait for months

2. linsam macrumors 6502

linsam

I agree with your thread. However, I would have to be an idiot to go out and buy an iPhone today. I might as well wait until tomorrow to see what happens. Right?

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I agree with this in general, but for a lot of people there is a minimum threshold. For instance, if I have 12 GB of music, then I might want to wait for one to come out with at least that much storage. As long as my music collection doesn't grow faster than the rate at which flash memory prices drop, there will eventually be one that fits my criteria. There *are* reasons for waiting sometimes.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    In general, true.

But there are a lot of people waiting right now to see what Jobs announces this week.

He could announce price drop and 16GB.

That's all. It's just too close to take a chance, especially with restocking fees.

5. iSovereign macrumors newbie

seriously tho, how are you gonna ever compete with more and more GBs worth of music?

i have 73GBs of music, all full lenght albums at 192kbs. and i own a 8gb nano (2G) and an iphone 8gb, and i have no problems syncing playlists to hear different music all the time.

IF you really want to put your entire music collection on your ipod, get a classic, thats what its meant for.

the iphone is more than just a music player, its a phone duh, internet device, video player and above all, a cool looking toy!!!

i dont get why ppl always say "im gonna wait for a higher capacity model, so that i can put ALL my music on there". yea right, have fun looking for the songs you want to play.

6. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I have about 15 GB worth of music, and I've been downloading/ripping for 8 years now. I am right at the threshold where a larger capacity iPhone would be wonderful.

The growth of flash memory storage is changing that paradigm. It won't be too long before the nanos and the iPhones will hold more than I could ever hope to download, so the hard drive based iPod will be pointless for me.

I'll have fun searching for that one song I want to play. Then I'll really have fun listening to it...but you'll have to wait until you get home to hear it because you couldn't fit all your music on your iPod.

7. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Yes, in fact, companies have announced that they are getting out of the microdrive market because of flash.

8. S600MBUSA macrumors regular

Why shouldn't I wait for a device that will truly change the way I listen to music and use my phone? At this point, I want an iPod replacement, and 8gb won't do it for me. That's my choice, and that's how I've decided to spend my money.

9. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

You will never be able to please everybody. People always want more. The phone it's self isn't good enough. They want it to wipe their butts too. There is no way you will ever listen to 8GB worth of music in one charge of the iphone, or ipod.

iSovereign seems to be doing just fine and he has a fairly large music collection.

10. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

im waiting for 16gb so that i can fit all the music i'll actually listen to, some movies, etc. without worrying about filling up. hey, what if, (if) when the movie rentals store pops up, you can download movies, put them on your iphone, and take them wherever (ie: your tv sans :apple:tv).

im also waiting for 3g because i live in boston so i can definitely use it :)

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

True, but "one charge" isn't always the duration.

Some just don't care to, or have time to, sync up every day.

Also, a trip away from your host computer for days or weeks , plus a collection of videos, means you need lots of storage.

12. Surely Guest

Surely

I don't want to listen to 8 GB worth of music in one charge. I want to have a larger selection on hand so a situation doesn't occur where I feel like listening to something or watching something and it's not on my iPod/iPhone because of lack of space.

I recently downgraded from a 30 GB 5G iPod to a new 8 GB 3G iPod nano. I love it, mostly because of it's size. I'm much happier with a smaller iPod. I actually don't consider it a downgrade, I consider it an upgrade. And, damn is the battery life awesome.

Now, there have been a few instances where I wanted to listen to something, but it wasn't on my nano. Not the end of the world, but it would have been great if I had a higher capacity to fit more music/videos. However, the pro of the size of the nano outweighs the con of the size of the memory on it. For me. Personally.

I would totally be happy with an 8 GB iPhone. But I'd be happier with a 16 GB iPhone. I think that would be the perfect size for me. One way or the other, I'm gettin' me some iPhone next month.

13. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I agree with you to a large extent. My only exception is those who have been considering purchasing an iPhone/Mac in the last 2 weeks or so. With MacWorld so close, it is perfectly understandable to wait and see. I am going to be buying another Mac soon, but I have been waiting a few weeks to see what is announced tomorrow and I think that is a smart thing to do. For those who have been saying wait since June, they are insane and if you continually wait, you will never be satisfied.