Why won't Angry Birds (iPad/iPhone) show together in Game Center?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by HarryPot, Mar 26, 2011.

1. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

I have an iPhone, and my brother has an iPad. We both have Angry Birds, which has the same levels in both the iPad and iPhone editions.

But... we can't compare scores in the Game Center app because they won't appear together.

Is this some kind of limitation from Apple for apps that aren't universal? Or was it a decision made by the developers of Angry Birds?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Since they aren't universal the Game Center literally sees them as two different games. It has no way to combine them.

The developers could solve it by making it universal, but then they couldn't charge you twice. So that's no happening.

I HAVE heard that they're working on a way for the different versions of Angry Birds to sync with each other. So, for example, your own iPad AB scores would match your iPhone AB scores. IF they ever do that then they'd both still be in Game Center separately but they'd always match each other, at least. I'm hoping that's not just a rumor.

3. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Kind of an old post, I know:eek:, but I just decided to look for an update on this. I've been looking forward to Angry Birds Sync since I've heard about it. Anyone know of anything new? Maybe a time frame? Nothing new shows up when you google it.