Why won't Hillary release the transcripts of her paid Goldman-Sachs speeches?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Feb 5, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The people demand it.

"I will certainly look into it?" They are your transcripts! Download them from your private server and publish them.

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Wow.. if transcripts for paid speeches are now a cause for concern, then Trump and Cruz should be shaking in their boots, especially seeing that Cruz wasted a fair amount of taxpayers money to read his children a bedtime story.

BL.

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Bush already said he will release the transcripts of all his paid speeches. Not sure if Cruz has made any, since he is a sitting Senator. Trump I'm sure couldn't care less.

Why won't Hillary release the transcripts? What is she hiding?

4. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Cruz's wife is a Goldman Sachs employee. If he and Hillary win the nomination, there can't be much of a 'Wall Street cronyism' talking point.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

That she bows down to Wall Street and knows the left will hang her dry for it.

6. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

bl, are you a paid operative of Hillary ?
    Hard not to notice that you are always one of the first to rush in to defend her and try to get threads closed when they are not to your liking.
    Serious question, BTW.

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You'll notice that I've been on this forum far before when Hillary came into question as a candidate for POTUS, let alone Secretary of State. If you'd like to know, you could do your research before asking such an outlandish question.

However, serious question pointed right back at you: As an elected member of Congress, do you think that a US Senator should use his time on the job for personal matters, such as reading a story to his children while on the job?

BL.

8. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Precisely. Those transcripts contain Hillary's "47 percent" moment and she knows it.

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Your opinion and belief, but until they released, no-one knows. So let's leave the speculations to when they are released, if they ever are or need to be.

BL.

10. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

I'll note that you didn't actually answer the serious question. Doesn't matter when you registered here, you could have started as a paid operative 2 weeks ago [to point out the obvious].

As regards yours, I don't think anyone, be he a garbage man or senator, should use company time to attend to personal matters unless the circumstances are exceptional.
    I live by that as well, if I took all my home laundry to work every day, I wouldn't get anything done and I'd be distracted, which is dangerous in my line of work.

Why do you ask ?

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I think I've been here long enough to easily say that you should go through my posting history, and ask yourself this question again. If you honestly think that I am a paid operative for HRC, you're either getting really paranoid about people here, or can't take it if someone tried to counter your arguments.

I will say this; unlike Shkreli, you won't find me pleading the 5th.

Then you should be just as pissed off at Ted Cruz, for during a filibuster for voting on the Affordable Care Act, he read Green Eggs and Ham to his children as part of his filibuster.

http://swampland.time.com/2013/09/2...on-senate-floor-and-thats-not-the-weird-part/

After all, if personal time, he should do it on his own and off the clock, not on the job, and on the taxpayer's dime. So would you be just as equally upset about Cruz, or is it another case of IOKIYAR?

BL.

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

The Bern put Hillary's feet to the fire on that subject.

13. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

I don't know who Shkreli is, and I note that you still have not given a straight answer.
    You have insinuated the answer is no, so I will take you for your word leave it at that.

Not much of a Cruz fan, though he looks like gold compared to Shillary.
    Filibusters are exceptional circumstances, the object is to ramble and waste time so if he reads a story or whistles Dixie, one is just as good as the other.
    Are you proposing this as a scandal or something ? Clutching at wax coated straws if thats the case.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 5, 2016 ---
    Wow, from dead broke [So claimed Shillary] in 2001 to aspiring billionaires now just from gabbing, not bad !

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with turning talk into $$ if you can do so - The obvious question is how much influence peddling can be tied to these bland bribes ,,,Err, I mean, speaking fees.

$153 million in Bill and Hillary Clinton speaking fees, documented

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/05/politics/hillary-clinton-bill-clinton-paid-speeches/index.html

[cnn, the usual suspects can't complain about breibart ect]

Hillary Clinton in 2001: We were 'dead broke'

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/09/politics/clinton-speeches/

14. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Attached Files:

15. Robisan macrumors 6502

Chump change. We all know they made much more money running drugs out of the Mena airport.

16. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Well I doubt there is much condemnation of bailouts and the looting of the system by Bankers and Wall Street.

17. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I'm not always a Republican (I was in the early 1990s, actually), but it's not about guilt or innocence. Or perhaps it is - innocent until proven guilty? She has a right to a personal life just like the rest of us. Just as if we wanted to do business we wouldn't share trade secrets.

Then again, are these speeches "business"? Why or why not?

18. pdjudd macrumors 601

I believe that when she made the speeches in question, she was a private citizen and neither was in office nor running for office at the time. She is under no obligation to release transcripts for those any more than she is obligated to release her high school or college transcripts.

Unless we can show that she was doing anything illegal (and there is no evidence that there is), their only relevance is that she did them and really, that isn’t newsworthy since it’s fairly normal practice for politicians to give speeches at events.

19. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

Lol........ -_-..........lol. Why so desperate? No, don't answer. :D

20. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I'm not sure why anyone cares what was in those speeches.

I think Hillary should do like the NFL, though, and state "any copies or rebroadcasts are property of..." and offer to sell the transcripts to "the people" who are demanding them - namely the GOP candidates.

Seriously, people. Get a life!

21. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

22. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

MSNBC brought this issue to the fore and Bernie is going to hammer on it again and again.

While she is at it, Hillary should release her medical records so we know how debilitating her stroke really was.

23. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I won't. Is it yes or no?

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

25. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

Trying to get a straight answer from him is like trying to get a sloth to run, just not gonna happen. He is out to prove everyone who doesn't perfectly agree with him an evil racist, and in his mind he has greatly succeeded. Delusional ? Yes, most hardcore liberals are.