Why would anyone ever want vertical photos or video

lsafley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Why would anyone ever want to use a 8 mega pixel camera or 1080p capture device for vertical photos or video. I get it, maybe crop a photo to be used as a screen saver on the Iphone but that is only reason I can think of.

Holding the phone horizontally is a terrible fix and almost impossible not to shake and cause blurry photos or video. Then to have to dbl tap the screen just to get a widescreen video is a joke. Does anyone even own a square monitor or tv anymore? Taking a vertical or square format video is as outdated as the 8 track or beta video.

danahn17

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Holding the phone horizontally is a terrible fix and almost impossible not to shake and cause blurry photos or video. Then to have to dbl tap the screen just to get a widescreen video is a joke.
You're holding it wrong. :p

SuperCachetes

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
Why would anyone ever want to use a 8 mega pixel camera or 1080p capture device for vertical photos or video. I get it, maybe crop a photo to be used as a screen saver on the Iphone but that is only reason I can think of.
With hard-hitting questions of substance like this, your career as an investigative journalist is sure to take off any day now. :rolleyes:

Seriously, you never take pictures of anything tall?

SporkLover

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
Full length Portrait shot......... like if you wanted to capture the entirety of someone's halloween costume without having to step back ten feet.