Why would you hate the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sdahe, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hello,

Almost all my friends use Android phones and they are always giving me their iphone hater attitude. Why would anybody hate the iPhone... I mean, this is a great product. It has an amazing camera, the OS runs silky smooth, there are hundreds of free apps, the warranty is great, the customer service at Apple is very good... damn!... what else do they want to not hate this thing?...

I just want to share my feeling about all this people that hate the iPhone without any reason at all... I don't know.. I'm just thinking loud here.

What do you think?

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think that I don't hate the iPhone

3. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Neither do I

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I think, that you shouldn't care if they love or hate the iPhone. You should care whether or not you like it. If Android is what they like and works best for them, then great. As long as you like the iPhone and it does what you want, that's all that really matters.

People who hate on the iPhone or 'Droid or whatever, are just acting immature and not looking at it objectively. It's that or they're trying to stir the pot and get a rise out of you to cause strife and contention.

5. JunkyDog, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  6. matttye macrumors 601

People who hate a tech product are usually nerds who feel the need to put down the competition.

I prefer android at present but I see the potential in ios.

7. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I don't hate it.

8. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

I always compare it to the Dallas Cowboys. Its either you Love them or you HATE em. your either a real fan or your a flamer.

Same with iphone. some people just hate it because they have never used it or used it a long time ago, or hate itunes and dont wanna buy music or apps. Some people even think it cost more on a plan for some reason.

I like it and I sell it quite often more than Android platform. Nothing is wrong with Android, just prefer the IOS.

9. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

They already did and switched back!

As to the iPhone, I love mine! Coming from Palm and then the HTC Evo, it's the best phone I've ever owned.

10. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Jealousy perhaps.

There is an air of arrogance associated with Apple users. At least that's what I used to think before I owned my 1st Apple product. Once you've owned and used the product you understand the obsession with it and it's all justified.

11. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It is a great phone.

12. greg555 macrumors 6502a

Some people like to hate popular brands/product. And Apple/iPhone is very popular.

13. Theadamh123 macrumors member

iPhone lovers hate andriod and andriod lovers hate iPhone.

14. matttye, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

matttye macrumors 601

What I find, being a member of both communities, is that you suggest a feature for android and most people say "yeah, good idea, I can't see why google can't do that" but you suggest a feature for an iPhone and people say "get an android phone."

Clearly this doesn't apply to everyone within the two communities, but I definitely find that to mostly be the case.

15. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Yes will always be like this.

16. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

17. nfl46 macrumors 603

The screen size is the reason a lot of Android users don't like the iPhone. Most Android phones now a days are at least 4" to 4.3". I really hope Apple goes to 4". Sorry to say, but its not 2007 anymore, and we use our phone a lot more for streaming video, etc. I hate watching Netflix on my 4S. It was more enjoyable when I had my Samsung Galaxy S2. The 4.3" did not put on a strain on my eyes.

18. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Too much emotional intensity tied up in a phone.

It's a phone, folks.

It's useful, and can be fun. It may even be esthetically pleasing - beautiful.

But it's still just an electronic device.

A little perspective here - please. :)

19. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

they hating on a stolen product/idea :apple: iPhone started it all:apple:

i have tried android and its cool n stuff but too much settings to go through and UI is ugly and sloppy coming from a iOS thats so simple and easy to use..IMO i like simplicity:apple:

20. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Techno hate is an interesting phenomena

I use a MBA, an iPhone 4S, an iPad 1
    But I have NEVER pushed them on anyone... family, coworkers... nobody
    And yet I have family and coworkers who will chide me and razz me for being a fanboy :confused:

I was sitting at lunch this week... in a mall food court... reading on my iPad
    An older gentleman approached me and started railing on Apple, the iPad and iOS
    I was startled and really didn't know how to respond at first
    He went on to inform me he was a computer expert and he knew what he was talking about... blah, blah, blah
    All because I was reading on my iPad... silly really

I merely said his point of view was debatable, to which he challenged me to debate him right there
    I laughed at him and left... all the while wondering what would cause a person to approach a stranger and seek to harass them
    I would NEVER think of approaching someone using any device and challenge their choices and decisions
    I don't do it with my own family and friends, and I certainly wouldn't do it to a stranger

Not sure why we can't just all get along :)

21. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wow, that is really odd. Some people I suppose are just always looking for a fight..

22. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I already did that for more than a month. I came back to iPhone. Didn't like it.. not saying it's a bad phone but I just didn't like it. I don't hate Android because I didn't like it...

23. matttye macrumors 601

That's pretty odd.

I like how people think their "expertise" in computing somehow makes their opinion more valid.

24. labman macrumors 604

labman

I have had people tell me there 5 year old flip phone is better then mine. Maybe for them it is. I''m not going to argue with them it's there phone! I'm also not going to argue which religion is better.

25. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

It's simple: die hard fans are immature. This refers to Apple fans, Sony fans, just anyone.

Criticizing for no reason is immature. However, having a critic attitude is not, so if you don't understand why an Android user would hate iOS, it's legitimate for the Android user wondering why you hate Android.