Why wouldn't Apple update all of their apps on a such a big day

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by webberade, Sep 18, 2013.

1. webberade macrumors member

webberade

Just curious as to the potential reasons why Apple wouldn't have all of their own "extra" apps updated for today's iOS 7 launch. iWork, iMovie, iPhoto, iBooks, Find My Friends etc. are all still sporting the old look and API's... you would think in terms of branding they'd want them up to date for the release today. It's looking like the iWork apps will be updated alongside the Mavericks release; but the others I can't comprehend. Any thoughts?

2. Casiotone macrumors 6502a

Casiotone

I think it's pretty obvious that the iOS iLife/iWork team went to help the iOS 7 team in the last few months. Remember that every single built-in app in iOS 7 has been rewritten.

3. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

Too busy with other things, I suppose. The iWork team was probably focused on iWork for iCloud. They had to prioritize: is it better to have have cloud access to iWork (thus increasing use of iWork) or to update the visuals of the app?

4. webberade thread starter macrumors member

webberade

No doubt that they've been busy prepping for iOS 7. Just wondering why getting everything iOS related ready for the launch wasn't part of the priority? A big question mark for me is the iBooks app.

5. Laimbeersux, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013