Why you chose the iPhone over the competition?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan91, Oct 7, 2012.

1. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

So why did you choose iOS and the iPhone over the competition?

2. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

3. wc17 macrumors member

4. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

5. mac mac mac macrumors regular

Because nothing looks as elegant as the iPhone. Hands down!

6. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

I've invested to much in the architecture to give up now...an I like it too much...

7. bisnicks macrumors regular

Why did I choose the iPhone over the competition? I've HAD the competition. I started out with the competition. They don't come close.

My first smartphone was the HTC Droid Incredible. I got it on the launch day and it was the flagship Android phone of the time. I ended up spending nearly $100 on extended batteries and about doubled the width of my phone just to get through a day without it dying. About a year later, the phone was slowing to a crawl. Finally the iPhone 4 came out and I was in love. I eventually decided to try out the Galaxy Nexus and the Droid Razr and had similar results to what happened with the Incredible... terrible battery life (6 hours bad...)

After owning these phones, I've come to the conclusion you simply can't find a better designed phone. The attention to detail and design on the iPhone and the building materials are unparalleled. The software is snappy, smooth, and responsive. The apps seem to run much better thanks to Apple's QA and the apps are design much better thanks to Xcode. The battery life is much better thanks to software optimization.

I could go on and on about this...

8. AppleFan91 thread starter macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Well you don't have too because THAT is a valuable and clearly well-thought out response

9. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

I played with SG3 and didn't like the viewing angles. Also set phone on couch and couldn't hear sound because speaker is on the black. I like that apple doesn't make their phones of all plastic and support their old devices. I had android before and dont like how long updates take to get to phones. 4.2 for android is coming out soon and most phones don't even have jelly bean yet.

10. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Because trying to use an Android or windows phone with a Mac and an iPad wasn't very easy, plus the iPhone is quality and the others are just cheap plastic

11. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

I was duped by the Apple marketing and didn't know any better at the time.

12. bisnicks macrumors regular

Don't even get me started on PenTile, excessively large screens, and OS fragmentation...

13. hollowplayer macrumors regular

iOS. Android is a mess, memory leaks left and right.

14. tl01 macrumors 65816

I've had all the iPhones so far and own only apple products. I tried two droids earlier this year (nexus and note) and they were both terrible. I much prefer the apple ecosystem. There's no comparison for me.

15. children macrumors regular

because no other OS and Hardware came close (past tense).

Ive used android and they are rubbish, not nearly refined enough, laggy, gestures etc arent constant throughout the UI, hardware and software often does not go hand in hand etc etc. The only androids I would ever buy are Nexus devices, but then they are just too ugly.

The new Lumias on the other hand are insanely attractive in every way, and imo match or exceed the iPhone 5 in most ways.

I would have gotten it over the iPhone 5, but nokia and microsoft really screwed up with timing, I just couldn't wait another month. I still might switch, but chances are really slim because im liking the i5 more and more :)

NOKIA YOU LOST A CUSTOMER

16. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I switched to Android after owning the first 2 generations of iPhones. I've now gone in order of phones from a Nexus One > HTC Sensation > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Nexus > Galaxy SIII.

While I do like Android, I agree that the iPhone series (especially the iPhone 5) is a much more sleek and solid phone. As a mac owner I've seen first hand how terribly Android phones work with OSX.

The most recent issue that has me ready to switch back to the iPhone is that a couple key apps I need for school only seem to be available for the iPhone. So I have decided to put the Galaxy S III up for sale and go snag an iPhone 5 on a new contract with Verizon.

I plan on doing the switch this week or whenever the local Apple store has inventory available.

17. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

AMOLED has great displays but the screen burn in is a fear I always have. So iPhone wins.

18. Brettka7 macrumors regular

iOS is structured... At least 3.0+ is. 2.0-3.0 sucked IMO. Android is a "hot mess" to me. There's too much going on and it doesn't have enough beauty to make up for the disorganization. No app was designed in relation to another. Every Android user I've talked to says Android sucks stock, but is dreamy when rooted, so I'd have to spend a week or so with a rooted droid to decide how I feel.

19. bisnicks macrumors regular

Honestly, AMOLED isn't all it's cracked up to be. I've owned the Galaxy Nexus, Incredible, and Razr and I believe the retina display is much better. The AMOLEDs always have a strange tint to them, usually red or greenish. They do produce nice blacks, but I feel like the new display on the iPhone 5 easily matches that and outperforms in all other ways.

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

21. Castle87 macrumors regular

2 reasons: All my other products are Apple so everything just syncs up with ease, and secondly, I just don't like Android. I've owned one before--the mytouch. While Android has definitely made some strides since then, I still don't fancy them.

I'm much more comfortable with IOS and the app store is unrivaled.

I'm upset that my 5 has been buggy, but that's a separate issue.

22. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

1) Better product. Better build & more stable operating system.
    2) Ecosystem. My entire family is on the Apple ecosystem.

23. ZackVLion macrumors member

When i got my iphone 4 a friend got an android the same day. He kept having so many bugs/issues...horrible battery life, etc. Same with other friends with android. The iphone just works...The software and hardware are designed to work together and everything *just works*. Unlike android with all the different manufacturers and fragmentation, the iphone just works together like it should and i dont have to worry about all the bugs/issues.

24. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

I'm getting an iPhone and selling my Blackberry Torch because it lags when I type, and I use it a lot at night for answering business emails. I prefer Blackberry's email handling, but the phone just isn't cutting it. I chose the iPhone over the Galaxy III because the Samsung phone is just too big, and I didn't want "try out" an operating system I know nothing about. Because of my iPad, I know what functionality I'll get with an iPhone, plus easy integration with my iPad should prove beneficial to my needs.