Wi-Fi Goodness

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2002
I just stumbled across these two sites yesterday:

wi-find.com
freenetworks.org

wi-find is awesome, jsutt ype in you zip code and find all the free wireless networls in your area, and it's user powered, so you can submit some if it's not on there. Anyhow, I'm making a pringles can antenna for my powerbook w/airport card (yes, it can be done without the need of an actaul wire hook up!) If you want when I'm done I will put up a thread on how you can do it yourself.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Where are you seeing the ones in DC? All I got were 3 in MD, nothing even close to me - 12 miles or more - not anything that I'd be able to use.

D

whfsdude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2002
Washington DC
Originally posted by dukestreet
Where are you seeing the ones in DC? All I got were 3 in MD, nothing even close to me - 12 miles or more - not anything that I'd be able to use.

D
I'm going to school without walls next to GW omg it's heaven there. If you walk down around the capitol and by those stores on Penn Avenue it's heaven there also. Americian University. :p All are open networks ;)

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2002
If there are open networks, then POST THEM AT THE SITE! Seriously, I get only a few when I type in my zip code, but that's becasue no one has bothered to go searching, if you know of some networks, just add them to the list on the site!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
and you could post them here too, I don't know what I would need down town, but I work near Foggy Bottom - now going someplace for a coffee and having my TiPB with me and getting online would be great.

D

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2002
I just added the wireless network in the Palisades Mall in West Nyack incase anyone wants to go to the Apple Store there :) type in 10994 for zip code