Wi-fi issue on iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonJ83, Dec 12, 2011.

1. RonJ83 macrumors member

Hey guys, I just got an iPhone 4S, so far I am loving the phone however the wifi connectivity is leaving very little to be desired and quite frankly is p!$$!** me off. The only place I can connect to the router is literally standing right beneath the router (I have it mounted to the ceiling in the middle of my house). I find that the reception on the phone is EXTREMELY weak, I can connect to the routers however internet usually is ridiculously or non-existent . Sometimes (when I am 4 feet away from the router) the phone will tell me it cannot connect to the router. I looked at apple.com/support and it would seem there are people facing the same issues as me. How many of you guys are feeling this? Does it have something to do with iOS 5? or the iPhone itself?

2. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

I don't have any issues with WiFi signal. My router is located in my central in-wall cabinet upstairs and I get full converge throughout my house, including the garage and patio. I live in a tri-level 1500 sq. ft townhouse.

My router is the old-gen Apple Extreme router on 802.11n, which doesn't really have good coverage to begin with.