Wi-Fi Sync is now on sale for $2.99 until midnight, December 11

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by choice, Dec 9, 2010.

1. choice macrumors regular

Wi-Fi sync a tweak that enables wireless iDevice syncing with iTunes has been discounted from $9.99 to $2.99 until December 11th. You may want to purchase Wi-Fi Sync 1.1 now so that you can get the free upgrade to Wi-Fi Sync 2.0 which is coming soon...

2. SeaChange macrumors regular

Doesn't work well with the latest iTunes. It needs that update badly.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Nice. Wanted this but not for $9.99. For $2.99 it's a great bargain. Can't wait for the update.

4. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

True. I bought it and tried it last night, and it was slower than cold molasses. I hope the next update adds some serious speed to the process.

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I was curious so I went ahead and bought it a few minutes ago. Doing my first wireless sync and it seems to be moving pretty fast. Backup didn't seem to take much longer (if at all) than via USB.

Of course now that I've said that, I'm waiting for it to finish and hoping it hasn't crashed! Windows XP, iPhone 4.

6. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Did the same, bought it and tried it just now. Someone said molasses and I tend to agree - transferring a purchased app weighing in at 8MB from iDevice to PC took a good 3 mins... good concept, which with a bit of tuning I'm sure could be great

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I've actually uninstalled it already. Worked once (sort of) but it tried ti re-install all my apps that were already on the phone. Second attempt to sync I got an itunes error that it couldn't connect :(

I'm holding out for 2.0. Dev seems to be very bad at communicating with people, many of which paid $10 for this POS.

8. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Might be worth 2.99 w/ 2.0 around the corner but all I get now is 0xe8000065 when trying to sync over wifi... *mumble*

9. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i've been using this for some time, really like it. works fine here;
    will see when i move to 4.2 & jb...

10. currentcomics1 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the heads up. I have been debating whether to get this and the new price made it an easy choice. It is very slow but, I assume the 2.0 update will take care of this.

11. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

So will this import your pictures and everything just as a regular sync does?

12. Sixth Street macrumors member

Always curious about this app, but wasn't a $10 value to me at all. It's worth $3 to me, and I just did my first sync. It was slow no doubt, but I can see myself doing this all the time now.

It's worth $3 alone so that I don't have to move sync cables around from the computer to the charger, and vis versa.

Does anyone use wifi sync with foobar for syncing music? I couldn't get it working, and I figure it's a long shot.

13. atrac7 macrumors regular

Is there anyway to buy this and not put it on the phone yet to use up the license?

I'm waiting on the new unlock/untethered JB so I'd want to put this one after doing that.

14. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

15. outphase macrumors 65816

Licenses are tied to your Cydia account, so you don't necessarily "use up" a license if you're using the same phone.

16. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Yes. Just bought and sync with iTunes 10.1 with 2 iPhones.

17. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Just tried it now and it worked great, even installed new apps I downloaded. Not sure what other people were complaining about it being slow. Mine synced pretty quickly but at the same time I didn't have a lot of stuff to sync so that might've been the reason. Either way, good deal.

18. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Am I the only one who's not able to sync at all after installing wi-fi sync? I get 0xE8000065 over both wi-fi and USB. Googling for this gives nada and @flukes1 isn't responding... :(

Yes, I could try and uninstall it but the concept is nice and I paid for it =)

19. choice thread starter macrumors regular

I'm facing the same problem or it doesn't completely sync (stuck at verifying the iPhone). I'll wait patiently for the update to be released. iPhone 4, iTunes 10.1.

20. statofmotion macrumors member

Purchased it, installed it, and works great. Wasn't slow for me! One less cable to worry about!

21. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Purchased and installed. Love it. I rarely pull out a cable to sync, so this is nice to have a backup a little more often. I don't sync much media at all, so the sync times aren't bad. I also haven't updated to the latest iTunes version. Maybe I'll hold out.

22. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

It's the patching done to apple mobile device that messes everything up for me. I uninstalled the PC-client, rebooted and everything works - sucks

23. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Just bought it. Seemed sluggish at first but synced smoothly towards the end.

iPhone 4 4.1 + iTunes 10.1

24. choice thread starter macrumors regular

How did you know this was your problem? How did you uninstall it?

25. LinMac macrumors 65816

In for 2.

iPhone 4 4.1 and iPad 4.2 both sync perfectly.