Wierd iMac case moving!

Macmaniac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
For some odd reason(I think I know why) My 700mhz G3 iMacs case has buckled. The plastic appears to have popped out of its original alinment! It makes little gaps between scetions. I can push them back together but they move apart again. I believe this is caused by the heat coming out of the CPU, since my iMac has no fan it causes the plastic to move because the plastic expands. The connetions are still fine and the machine is sturdy but it is kinda of a niggling problem to see the case out of whack. Any ideas on how to solve this?
Look at the pic-

Attachments

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Call Apple and tell them what is going on... Put the pic's up on your iDisk/homepage so that they can see what you mean.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
Austin, TX
That's odd... I don't think that a CPU would put out enough heat to buckle the plastic case... You never know, though. It may just be a defect in your iMac that was just made apparent over time...

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
it could also be from some wear and tear.. so to speak...

im sure something like this could happen after moving it around a lot and stuff..

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by macfreek57
sorry
please ignore this
i posted on the wrong thread
arn, how come i don't have access to delete this?
Dude, just click the edit button and then check the 'delete' button... It's VERY easy (if you have a few living brain cells to rub together :rolleyes: ).

FelixDerKater

Contributor
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
No Go Alpha Bro

It doesn't seem to work for everybody... I put up a thread the other day and later decided I wanted to delete it but it says I don't have permission to do so. It may be different for single posts, or possibly have something to do with the number of posts one has. :rolleyes:

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Re: No Go Alpha Bro

Originally posted by FelixDerKater
It doesn't seem to work for everybody... I put up a thread the other day and later decided I wanted to delete it but it says I don't have permission to do so. It may be different for single posts, or possibly have something to do with the number of posts one has. :rolleyes:
It may not work for threads, but it will for posts within a thread that you put up and then want to delete...

Macmaniac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Originally posted by firewire2001
it could also be from some wear and tear.. so to speak...

im sure something like this could happen after moving it around a lot and stuff..
Its not form wear or tear the computer is never moved. Maybe some wierd defect happened to my machine:( Its not serious my machines perfomance has not been hampered.
Thank you Alpha Tech;)

macfreek57

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2002
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Re: Re: No Go Alpha Bro

Originally posted by AlphaTech

It may not work for threads, but it will for posts within a thread that you put up and then want to delete...
i can't
i used to but now i can't
???
and by the way, have a valium or something cause your breath really stinks
????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.