Wife and I are switching to Verizon. Can I preorder two phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshbckr, Oct 6, 2011.

1. jshbckr macrumors 6502

I'm staying up tonight to preorder. Need to get iPhone 4S for my wife and I.

Will this be possible or am I going to run into issues?

2. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I already asked online support this question and they said you could get 2.

3. jshbckr thread starter macrumors 6502

Great, thanks!

Now I'm just nervous about switching carriers. I'm used to the way AT&T works and while I'm sure I'll like "more 3G all over the place" I'm afraid I might miss talk+data... Plus that pesky ETF.

4. saintsbabylove macrumors member

saintsbabylove

My boyfriend and I had AT&T for 4 years, we had nothing but problems with our bill and were having to call Customer Service pretty much every month. Everytime one of us would call, it would take about a minimum of 20 minutes of speaking with an agent to get the matter resolved. Sometimes we even had to call two to three months in a row trying to resolve the same issue. We were constantly dropping calls while on the phone with Customer Service or friends and family for that matter.

None the less, we switched to Verizon 5-6 months ago, and we've rarely have had to call. When we do, we are off the phone in a matter of minutes within talking to someone and they don't have to bounce us around from department to department. We love having Verizon, we haven't dropped a single call. The only downfall in my opinion so far that we've had is the lack of in store support. The store always tries to refer you to the 1-800 Customer Service number.

I was just curious why you need talk + data for?

5. echo2011 macrumors regular

Are you grandfathered in with unlimited data with AT&T?

6. TLewis macrumors 65816

AT&T appears to have effectively killed the "unlimited" plans -- if you use "too much", it appears that AT&T will throttle your connection into oblivion (I'd love to be wrong, though): http://gizmodo.com/5826060/att-chokes-unlimited-data-dead-dead-dead-dead

I'm amazed that lawyers haven't yet gotten involved.

7. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Good question. I mean, when do you really need it? I don't think I ever have.