Wife got 2 phones / can I use one of them

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pank, Jun 19, 2009.

1. pank macrumors newbie

The wife had an iPhone ordered through the att store. As of today it still showed as back ordered so we drove to our local store and she got one on the spot. She qualifies for the upgrade pricing because she is out of her 2 year contract.

When we got home she called to cancel the order but they told her it has already shipped out. They told her she could just return the phone to the att store within 30 days without any issues.

My question is this...
    I could "not" get the upgrade price because I got my 3G last July. I won't qualify for upgrade pricing until 3/2010

If I swap out my 3G sim when her other 3GS arrives am I at risk? I know the sim will work but I am unsure if when I actually activate the phone att will pick up on it.

Just wondering if it's a risk at all. Both phones have been paid for.

2. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

3. pank thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it was somewhat of a goofy (maybe lucky) situation. The pre-ordered phone will be here next week (paid $299). The other phone we paid for today ($299 upgrade price).

They are both paid for. The only cheat is I don't qualify for that price until next year. I don't know if att would even pick up anything if I just swapped out my sim and put it in the new phone?

4. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

It doesnt matter. To ATT the phone shows up as an paid phone with warranty and everything. Only problem you may have is if you activate the phone and its on your wifes number. If that's the case, just call ATT and switch it over, make no mention of how you got the phone and they wont ask. Just say "I want to put the 3G S on my number."