Wife got drunk at DMB concert last night dropped iP4 3 times, Bumper saved phone

aneftp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
We are in Palm beach this weekend so I will have to post pic of the damage down to her Apple Orange Bumper when I get back tomorrow.

While I was back at hotel taking care of our newborn. Wife and her girlfriends attended Dave Matthews Band Concert last night.

I knew she was really drunk when she got back. She's already clumsy even when sober with phones.

I examined the iPhone 4 this morning. There were like 2 major dents in the Orange Bumper. First she
denied dropping the phone. But these marks on the orange bumper are so obvious she finally admitted dropping it on concrete at least 3 times last night.

I examined phone closely and thank god there is no damage to the phone itself.

I will post a pic when we get back tomorrow since I don't have a computer with me to upload to macrumors.

But I felt she got real lucky reading other people's horror stories about glass breaking with minor drops.

Not a big Dave Matthews Band fan, although I have been to one of their concerts and they do sound good live. But they have a huge following. Saw signs of fans everywhere in Palm Beach and our hotel on the Beach was completely booked for the weekend.

DanggxAmanda

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Watched a YouTube video the other day where the guy dropped his phone with a bumper from various heights. Lasted all the falls until he tried a 23 ft. drop. But still superb protection!

Comment

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Not a big Dave Matthews Band fan, although I have been to one of their concerts and they do sound good live. But they have a huge following. Saw signs of fans everywhere in Palm Beach and our hotel on the Beach was completely booked for the weekend.
Thank goodness for bumper ;) but it's better if DMB stopped singing altogether ;)

Comment

aneftp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
Thank goodness for bumper ;) but it's better if DMB stopped singing altogether ;)
Yeah. I heard this was their 20th year. They are taking a "break" next year. So their die hard fans like my wife are buying and selling out their concerts for this year.

Comment

aneftp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
Watched a YouTube video the other day where the guy dropped his phone with a bumper from various heights. Lasted all the falls until he tried a 23 ft. drop. But still superb protection!
The guy probably purchased his iPhone 4 with AMEX which allows for "accidental damage" 90 day warranty. So a he has to do is take it to Apple, pay the $200 for new/refurb and apple will take his damaged iPhone 4. American express will just reimburse him for the $200.

That's the only way I would play the how high can I drop the iPhone 4 with Bumper before it breaks.

Comment

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sounds like the bumper worked out well in her case, and a good thing that she didn't crack the screen.

Comment

RichBrewski

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
The guy probably purchased his iPhone 4 with AMEX which allows for "accidental damage" 90 day warranty. So a he has to do is take it to Apple, pay the $200 for new/refurb and apple will take his damaged iPhone 4. American express will just reimburse him for the $200.

That's the only way I would play the how high can I drop the iPhone 4 with Bumper before it breaks.
Actually (assuming we are talking about the same videos) he is sponsored by some iPhone fixer website, so he just took it to them and had it fixed for free.

Comment

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
The real tragedy here is having to endure hours of DMB. Dropping the iPhone pales in comparison.

Comment

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
but it's better if DMB stopped singing altogether ;)
+1 The 90's called, they don't want their band back either and say that we can keep them :( Drinking too much to the point of coordination issues is one of the things that AA will point out to indicate you may have a problem. However, going to a DMB concert (or Phil Collins I suppose) AND getting that smashed is a sure fire sign. I wonder what the phone ever did to anyone else to deserve such abuse?

j/k :D

Comment

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
Actually (assuming we are talking about the same videos) he is sponsored
Not to mention, others just have a lot of disposable income to jerk around with. Buy a boat over, say, 26 feet and the cost of that one iP4 with ETF will seem like afternoon cocktails. Yet, marinas are filled with the fiberglass financial disasters in waiting (don't ask me how much it cost me just to SELL mine :(

Comment

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
+1 The 90's called, they don't want their band back either and say that we can keep them :( Drinking too much to the point of coordination issues is one of the things that AA will point out to indicate you may have a problem. However, going to a DMB concert (or Phil Collins I suppose) AND getting that smashed is a sure fire sign. I wonder what the phone ever did to anyone else to deserve such abuse?

j/k :D
You know, I really love many many artists from the 90s (Phil Collins included) but DMB was terrible back in the 90s and they are terrible now. Nothing has changed ;)

Comment

bobbba

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
SHhhh, you'll upset the conspiracy theorists who want you to believe that the sole purpose of the bumper is to resolve the antenna issue...

Comment

Deppe

macrumors member
May 20, 2009
SHhhh, you'll upset the conspiracy theorists who want you to believe that the sole purpose of the bumper is to resolve the antenna issue...
SHhhh, you'll upset the fanboys who want you to believe that there is no such thing as the antenna issue...

Comment

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
If my wife dropped her phone once I'd let it go
The second time, if she dropped it at a concert - I'd take it away from her :)

There would be no third time LOL

Comment

aneftp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
If my wife dropped her phone once I'd let it go
The second time, if she dropped it at a concert - I'd take it away from her :)

There would be no third time LOL
Yeah. Just met up with one of her girlfriends for brunch. Her girlfriend did say she took the iPhone away after the third drop. She was afraid my wife would lose the phone. She said the last time it was dropped wife couldn't reach down underneath a concert seat and it slid down 2 other chairs. It's a good thing it was an orange bumper because she was able to locate the phone.

Comment

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Mind posting a link, I'd love to see those. I love my bumper. :)

Comment

spyda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Damn, you're in PB posting on mac rumors while your wife is out partying having a good time. **** your life, eh?

Comment

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Not a big Dave Matthews Band fan, although I have been to one of their concerts and they do sound good live.
but it's better if DMB stopped singing altogether ;)
The real tragedy here is having to endure hours of DMB. Dropping the iPhone pales in comparison.
+1 The 90's called, they don't want their band back either and say that we can keep them :(
You know, I really love many many artists from the 90s (Phil Collins included) but DMB was terrible back in the 90s and they are terrible now. Nothing has changed ;)
Damn, what's with all the DMB smack-talking??? Jeez.

And illutionz, to compare DMB to Phil Collins (and I liked Phil) is just stupid. DMB was absolutely NOT terrible in the 90's (they've never been terrible) and to say that is just uninformed.

OP, I agree with the other poster that said it. After she admitted to 3 drops, her iPhone 4 rights get revoked! Take that thing away before it's too late!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.