wifes apps load on my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhigh8, Apr 2, 2013.

1. bhigh8 macrumors 6502

how come when I plug my phone into itunes and log into my account, it loads some of my wifes apps on my phone. if i do a restore, i get some of her apps. and when she does the same, she gets some of my apps. i thought that was the point of creating a second itunes account?

what am i doing wrong here?

2. GhostMac24 macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Do you have "automatic downloads" set to "on" which is in the General Settings, iTunes & App store option.

3. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Do you have home sharing on?

4. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

yes, we have home sharing on. but why would that put her apps on my phone?

i will have to check for auto downloads. is that on the computer or the phone. i looked on phone and didnt see where it would be.

5. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

6. alice04 macrumors regular

alice04

Just maybe because you share accounts or maybe your wife puts apps on your account that you didnt know :)

7. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Taken from here, http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3819

With Home Sharing, you can stream music and video from one authorized computer to another, or simply drag music between computer libraries. You can also choose to have iTunes automatically import purchases you make on any of your Home Sharing computers to your own library. To do so, select the library and use the Settings button at the lower right of the iTunes window to check what you'd like copied.

What I'm thinking is that since you're using the same computer but different accounts. You have this checked to import her purchases into your account and yours into hers.

If you have Auto Download on for apps,(located in Settings > iTunes &App Stores) it will download any apps made on that particular account automatically when connected to wifi. you'd see this without hooking up to the computer. So I don't think that's what's going on since you said you are under two different iTunes accounts.

Just a guess. :)

8. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

As long as the apps aren't Match.com or OkCupid no harm no foul!

:p :rolleyes: