WiFi channel disappears when I tried to connect to a 5Ghz WiFi

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pitiphong.p, Jul 28, 2015.

1. pitiphong.p macrumors newbie

I have a Retina MacBook Pro 13" 11,1 model. I found that I can't connect to my friend WiFi 5Ghz. network so I tried to take a look at it and found some weird.

1. At first my MBP can see 5Ghz WiFi network but when I try to connect it, it failed and after that my MBP can't see that network again.

2. I have to remove some configuration in "/Library/Preferences/System Configuration" folder then restart. After restarting my MBP can see that network but failed to connect and then can't see it again.

3. I took a look at System Information. In the WiFi section I saw the supported channels data.

3.1 Before I try to connect that 5Ghz network and while my MBP can see that network the supported channel listed 165 (which is the channel that WiFi using)

3.2 After I try to connect and failed, the 165 channel disappear from the supported channel list

Is this a hardware issue or software and how can I fix it?

Machine Information

- Retina MacBook Pro 13" 11,1 model

- OS X El Capitan beta 4

- Note that this issue occurred since Yosemite 10.10.3

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

2. zombiecakes macrumors regular

if you are going to use 165 the router probably needs to be set to 40mhz or 20mhz (whichever it is not set to right now), or just pick a lower channel

3. pitiphong.p thread starter macrumors newbie

It already use 165 channel with 20Mhz. band. The weirdo is that my friends can connect to it and I can connect it after restarting my computer once. After that I can't :(