WiFi failure during keynote and now pre-order failure. Bad omen anyone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldfrapp, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

What's next? Worldwide delay come June 24th? I'm freaking out! Help me! :eek:

2. sleyeu macrumors 6502

Worse, they will have enough stock and no lines.

3. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

4. bina12834 macrumors regular

the keynote Wifi problem can be attributed to the 600+ devices that were on the 1 wireless network. Im surprised anyone was able to connect at all with that many devices.

the preorder problem is expected. Have millions of people try to visit any other site at the same time and i bet the same thing will happen.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The world is coming to an end, hell has frozen over, pigs are flying, or Verizon is getting the iPhone.

6. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

7. hard-case macrumors regular

hard-case

This is what will happen....same as it did last year. And the year before.

Apple Stores will open on time, and start taking people right away. Anywhere from 10-20 minutes past opening, the activation servers will go down. They will be down for anywhere from 10-40 minutes, only to come back with cheers from the crowd. After that, expect intermittent outages throughout the day, that will cause an average 4-5 hour wait to get an iPhone.

Surprisingly, and much to the chagrin of the naysayers, around 5-6pm the lines will have cleared, and it'll still be possible to walk in and pick up an iPhone.