Wifi hotspots, auto connection problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abarth1200, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Hello so a long time iphone user and i have never set out to actually sort this problem i keep having when im out and about.

I am a UK resident and i have a contract with BT Total Broadband which includes the use of BT Openzone and BTfon hotspots. Whenever im in a hotspot area and try to download email or search the web I always have to connect manually through the BTfon app, even though i already have the wifi icon in the statusbar. Most of the timei turn off wifi and just use my data but that can be slow at times.

So can anyone help my apparent wifi connectivity problem, like i said wifi icon in status bar but get check network errors and no connectivity while in apps untili manually connect

2. macbookflasher macrumors member

macbookflasher

Wifi hotspots, auto connection problems

Hello,
    I think you should try with another device if it attached it means you have a problem in the device.

3. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

I had the same problem with my last iphone 4, im just thinking thats the way IOS works, its a right pain either way.

Oh and i dont really have several devices to try when im sat out in my van on my lunch break in the middle of a street trying to catch up on the latest forum talk.