Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andymac2210

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Hold the phone in landscape orientation (with the volume buttons facing down the way), now grip the bottom left of the phone, the opposite side from the camera.
Doesn't even need to be a death grip, just clasp it a little.
Unless you're a few metres from the wifi base station you'll watch the Wifi signal drop and eventually disappear completely.
Should only take about 10 seconds.

Apparently the iPhone is always going to have horrendous reception problems of one form or another. :(

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Hold the phone in landscape orientation (with the volume buttons facing down the way), now grip the bottom left of the phone, the opposite side from the camera.
Unless you're a few metres from the wifi base station you'll watch the Wifi signal drop and eventually disappear completely.

Apparently the iPhone is always going to have horrendous reception problems of one form or another. :(

No my findings at all. I also use the Otterbox Defender case.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Sorry, doesn't happen for me at all mate
And I am no where close to my company's router in my office

No drop in my AT&T signal either for that matter

And my iPhone 4S is naked

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007

Why are you assuming its something you have to live with??

Take your phone to an apple store, demonstrate and get a replacement phone.

HitchHykr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Virginia

So you are trying to hold it wrong. :rolleyes:

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

Maybe you shouldn't hold it that way? I'm also not noticing any wifi signal lost holding it that way.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Maybe you shouldn't hold it that way? I'm also not noticing any wifi signal lost holding it that way.

Based on the history of posts from the OP'er, they likely shouldn't own an iPhone as most every topic is either negative or is a complaint about something to do with the iPhone that doesn't work for him. IMO, the trend is easy to spot and it's not the phone. :rolleyes:

stickybuns

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
I think it may be time for a new eyeglass prescription. I thought the title said, "Wife is TERRIBLE on the 4s"

At ant rate, no wifi issues here.

RRNYC

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2011
NYC
No problem here...

5d5dc957.jpg

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK

wachootalkinaboutwillis???!!!!

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
I covered mine in Foil and a pillow I lost one bar then it came back to full... Ur phone either has issues or your wifi is dropping ...

Pravius

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
MI
I love these threads.

"Guys seriously yesterday I was doing this test, and the 4S sucks!" "I put the phone in my ass and the wireless went down to one bar, and now the phone stinks, Apple sucks"

/sigh

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
the iPhone is suXors

I've noticed when I put my phone in a lead lined box buried in my backyard under an oak tree I have a hard time using it. :rolleyes: :D:apple:

Pravius

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
MI
I've noticed when I put my phone in a lead lined box buried in my backyard under an oak tree I have a hard time using it.

See, now we know Apple sucks. My droid could do that **** easy, in fact my droid would have also transformed into a robot. Now let's see Apple do that.

:apple::apple::apple::apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.