WiFi networks not seen on my wife's iphone when they are seen on mine

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sbddude, Jul 19, 2011.

1. sbddude macrumors 6502a

My wife and I both have iPhone 4s. We are both jailbroken, on 4.3.3 and both phones were replaced at the apple store for various issues at some point.

My iphone (call it phone A) is able to pick up every WiFi network. My wife's phone (Call it B) is not. It seems like it has greatly reduced strength and sometimes will not see a network at all.

I installed the Cydia app "WiFi analyzer" on both phones and had it running at the same time with both phones next to each other in the same room as my home router. Phone A can see 17 networks (my own + many neighbors) and phone B can see 3. Signal strength is 85% (A) vs 20-30%(B).

At my workplace, friends houses, etc, phone B will not even see the network. Entering the SSID manually is unsuccessful.

The problem seemed to start when we restored to 4.3.3 from 4.3.1 and then set it up from backup. This was 2 weeks ago when we needed to have the camera replaced at the apple store. Another thought--could they have dislodged the antenna when swapping the camera?

Obviously there is some issue. Is it hardware or software? I'd like to try tweaks/settings first, then restore (to 4.3.3 with SHSH blobs), and as a last resort a hardware swap.

2. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Try restoring the iPhone as new (not from a backup) and then see if the problem persists.