wifi slow on iDevices

iKIKO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
this is the thing, i have a 5mb download speed at home.

with me cabook pro the speed test gives aroun 500 kb download.

but with the iPhone and iPad it doesn't past 25kbps !!!

i have two days that way and its driving me crazy. i tried everything. restored both, and the same. go to my office, i have the same download speed !! not pass 25-30 kbps !!!

i did jailbreak both, and restored both since i saw this problem, thinking that could be some tweak or something. but now with the full restore on both and without jail the problem persist !!

any help guys ? what can it be ?

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
this is the thing, i have a 5mb download speed at home.

with me cabook pro the speed test gives aroun 500 kb download.

but with the iPhone and iPad it doesn't past 25kbps !!!

i have two days that way and its driving me crazy. i tried everything. restored both, and the same. go to my office, i have the same download speed !! not pass 25-30 kbps !!!

i did jailbreak both, and restored both since i saw this problem, thinking that could be some tweak or something. but now with the full restore on both and without jail the problem persist !!

any help guys ? what can it be ?
Only 5mb? Dude get new home service.

Comment

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
i meant 5 megs. its about 500kbps download speed. i dont think is that slow
Where do you live? That's pretty slow in general, but could depend where your located and who your provider is. I use Comcast as an example and my wifi at home always averages at least 21Mbps download.

But your phones should be similar to your network even at it's slow speeds, I just did both test and my Macbook Pro said 21.39 down and phone said 21.964 down. So something is causing interference on your devices, did you check the network settings/router etc?

Comment

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Reset your router. If that makes no difference, see what frequency it's running on. Are other devices connected via WiFi running at 500kbs? Or does your, erm, "cabook pro" connect via Ethernet?

Comment

iKIKO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Reset your router. If that makes no difference, see what frequency it's running on. Are other devices connected via WiFi running at 500kbs? Or does your, erm, "cabook pro" connect via Ethernet?
I'm going to reset the router. the macbook is on wifi. no ethernet.

5 meg is the stander here in mexico. hope i could have speed like you guys in the us. we are always one step behind :eek:

Comment