WiFi syncing on the iPhone 5 is like lightning (no pun intended)

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I tried it once when it was first introduced with iOS 5, with my iPhone 4, and it was sooooo sloooowwww I turned it off and never used it again.

However, I just tried it with my 5, and it's actually usably fast. Not quite as fast as USB, but fast enough that I'm willing to use it now!

So if extreme slowness turned you off of the idea of Wifi sync, give it another try. You'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

appswipe

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2012
We have 5 iOS devices and wireless sync is ridiculously inconsistent. It seems to degrade over time because on fresh installs it works perfect but at some point it just starts flaking out. Its a shame because I hate sync cables but thats the most consistent way to get it done still.

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
We have 5 iOS devices and wireless sync is ridiculously inconsistent. It seems to degrade over time because on fresh installs it works perfect but at some point it just starts flaking out. Its a shame because I hate sync cables but thats the most consistent way to get it done still.
Well, time will tell.

It could also have been improved/fixed in iOS 6. Syncing in general seems to work much better; with niceities such the Photos app showing "Syncing xxx items..." during the sync instead of just acting strange.

Caliber26

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I'm bitter as hell. :mad:

My iPhone 4S had no problem syncing over WiFi and ever since I got my iPhone 5, for some reason, iTunes doesn't find it even though all of my devices are on the same network. My iMac finds (and syncs with) my iPad without a problem -- also running iOS 6, so I don't think iOS 6 is the culprit -- but the only way I can sync my new iPhone is by plugging it into my computer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: Ugh! I'm obviously having a moment of dumbness here. I just realized I hadn't checked the most important box. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

Last edited: