Wii to download DS titles, says Reggie?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by GFLPraxis, Jan 3, 2008.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=1101

is the article I posted. I'll quote that as it covers my opinion of the article as well.

Interesting, huh? I'm curious if Reggie was just referring to DS demo downloads coming to the states and the NYT writer didn't quite get it right, or if there seriously will be full DS game downloads. If so, how will it work? Can you only play in proximity to the Wii? Will they release a DS memory card?

2. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

There are already interfaces that allow one to use an SD card with a DS, so they mighten only need an adapter.

At any rate, it'd be a need idea and a great way to create some interesting new gaming ideas, perhaps using a DS as a secondary display unit/controller or similar. Mine's just collecting dust, so it'd be nice to see a reason to bust it out.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

They need some kind of "super pak" (in Nintendo style) that contains a slot 2 rumble and memory pack. Download games from the Wii but still have the functionality of the other DS slot 2 expansions so you're not left swapping them all the time.

I'd like that.

As someone who saw the light with Steam - I can't wait till all systems let you download the latest and greatest games online. Preload and unlock the second they're released to avoid any high street rushes and online/postal delivery times.

4. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

I have a FireCard for my DS. Got it in HK. Can fit 20 games on it at a time, but it only works with PC's.

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Screw DS titles games, if Nintendo lets you port over your VC games onto your DS ala PSone games with the PS3/PSP then oh baby :D

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So you pirate games? We're talking about a legal solution here.

7. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Those adapters however are not only made by third parties, but Nintendo actively blocks them from hitting any retail channels.

Nintendo could make their own, though. Maybe allow transfer of VC games like SNES and NES, or download of GB/GBC/GBA games? :)

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

And if he's going to pirate, might as well get one that uses micro SD cards and works on any platform. :confused:

What's taking Nintendo so long, they should have had this ready last year.

<]=)