WikiLeaks: Hillary Clinton took cash from, was director of, company that did deals with ISIS

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Clinton herself was a director of Lafarge in the early 1990s, and did legal work for the firm in the 1980s.

When did ISIS start ? Wasn't aware they were operating in the 90's.

"The group first began referring to itself as the Islamic State in June 2014, when it proclaimed itself a worldwide caliphate,"

Good try though.

2. Robisan macrumors 6502

Lol! The rubes will try to polish any lame turd into a gold nugget. They really ought to be buying this by the case...

[​IMG]

3. vrDrew macrumors 65816

True. But in this case there are a few things that raise more questions than anything else.

Lets start with this: Even according to the Canary.co article, there is absolutely no mention of Wikileaks. For all its many faults, Wikileaks had nothing to do with uncovering, leaking, or publishing this story. Does the OP think attributing Wikileaks to a story give it more credibility? Are they trying to fool people into thinking this story is based on secret documents carrying evidence of a conspiracy no one knows about? Or are they simply just careless?

Then we move on to Canary.co itself. Which describes itself as: "here to disrupt the status quo of the UK and international journalism, by creating content that compels audiences to view the world differently".

In general, the blog has been supportive of the UK Labor party's Jeremy Corbyn. As well as assorted Green party candidates. It is believed to have been the impetus behind an on-line petition to ban David Cameron from returning to the UK after its editor wrote a satirical article about him.

All of which makes me curious about why a generally left-leaning, ostensibly British, political blog would write a story that somehow connects Hillary Clinton's service on the board of directors of the US subsidiary of a French cement company more than twenty years ago, with ISIL.

There are two reasonably plausible answers:

Write a story that, through sheer outrageousness, gets of couple hundred thousand curious Yanks to click through to it, and you've made enough cash to keep the lights on a few more months.

Or:

[​IMG]

Take your pick.

4. kch50428 macrumors 6502

kch50428

There was no intent to do anything nefarious... Hillary gets a pass...

5. yaxomoxay thread starter Suspended

yaxomoxay

As I received it, I pasted it. It's not mine; check WL's twitter and FB page.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Man you linked Google not Wikileaks . Or as it's known now the "other" criminal part of the Republican Party.

7. yaxomoxay thread starter Suspended

yaxomoxay

yeah for some reason I was unable to paste the twitter link, so I just did the google search and pasted it. The title is exactly as it appeared on Wikileaks Twitter/Facebook. Sorry if I caused some confusion.

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

You forgot the very misleading part of the title.

ISIS didn't exist in 1990.

9. yaxomoxay thread starter Suspended

yaxomoxay

It's not me. That's a pure cut and paste of what WL published.

10. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It IS you. YOU started the thread.

Just wow.

11. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

You must have missed the memo:

Liberals looooooooooove leaked intel - Wikileaks, hacked email accounts, etc. - up and until the leaked info says even a negative syllable about Clinton.

At that point, it's... but, but, but RUSSIANS!

12. yaxomoxay thread starter Suspended

yaxomoxay

13. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

He could always start a thread about a cartoon.

14. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

15. vrDrew, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016

vrDrew macrumors 65816

Yes.

But even you have to see that the link between a company Hillary Clinton, whose service as a director of the US subsidiary, ended almost thirty years ago; and ISIL (which didn't even exist back then) - is just a wee bit thin.

To claim La Farge, which is one of the largest cement companies in the world is "doing business" with ISIL is a massive stretch. They have a factory or factories that are in areas controlled by ISIL. The employees of those factories were faced with being tortured to death or beheaded. What do you expect those people to do?

La Farge isn't receiving money for cement it sells to ISIL. La Farge isn't sending materials or spare parts to ISIL. La Farge auditors and executives aren't stopping by the affected La Farge factories to hold business meetings.

La Farge operates nine hundred separate locations in the US and Canada alone. There is almost certainly one not far from where you live. You and I have almost certainly driven on highways or walked into buildings made with cement, concrete, or aggregates supplied, in one way or another, by La Farge or one its subsidiaries. And I am all but certain that La Farge concrete and materials went into the construction of all kinds of Donald Trump buildings. To suggest that makes anyone, in any manner, "connected" with ISIL is absurd.

And I think you know it.

16. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

You gotta back off, man; he played the Wow Card.

17. yaxomoxay thread starter Suspended

yaxomoxay

I don't think that the article implies that HRC is connected with ISIL. As much as I despise her, I don't think that she's connected with ISIL or any terrorist group; she might be politically wrong, but I don't think that she's crazy.
    Personally I read the article as a critique of her choices in "business", exactly as many criticize her choices as Secretary of State.

18. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

If you don't believe the article implies it why did YOU imply it with the wording of the title ?

19. yaxomoxay, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016

yaxomoxay thread starter Suspended

yaxomoxay

20. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Nothing to see here folks, move on to other lively threads.

21. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Lol. Don't hold your breath

My money says Peace decides to peace out, rather than respond. He walked a bit too far out on that limb.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 1, 2016 ---

22. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Which I guess brings us back to my (earlier) assertion that Wikileaks has morphed into something very different from what it was originally represented as.

Wikileaks was supposed to be a repository and distribution portal that would allow citizen journalists and concerned insiders to reveal damaging secrets. This meets none of those standards. There is nothing secret about Hillary Clinton's membership on the board of La Farge. The tragic results of ISIL occupation in areas of Syria are well known.

If this is the worst (or best, depending on your point of view) that Wikileaks can come up with - thats pretty pathetic. And suggests that Vladimir Putin is seeing his chances of having a useful stooge in the White House slipping away with Donald Trump's sinking poll numbers.

23. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Another pass for Hillary? She must have a get out of jail free card printing machine.
    She didn't know about Benghazi.
    She didn't know about the email.
    She didn't know about this.
    Why do so many Lina want her as President? She never seems to KNOW ANYTHING.