WikiLeaks releases hacked DNC voicemails

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Jul 27, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

sweet, wonder if Trump has a team of people digging through the juicy stuff :D

2. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

If he has an IQ > 1 yes.
    Get the popcorn ready. And some booze.

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I can't wait to HEAR the vile, anti-Semitic comments mocking Bernie.

5. citizenzen Suspended

From your source ...
    I hope they found something more than that.

But I do have a question about this issue in general. Why are we assuming that political parties operate in absolute neutrality?

Political parties historically played an active role in determining their candidate. Now ... I'm not advocating for smoked filled rooms. I'd prefer that any party honor and uphold the vote of their members. But I don't expect a party to be purely neutral. If a party official violated a law, by-law, or solemn vow, then I'd like to see the evidence. Otherwise ...

Too bad we don't have 20,000 emails about the RNC's reaction to Donald Trump.

6. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Yes, most of it is not big stuff, but it means they don't have just emails...

I think it's in their bylaws/statute, they have to be fair. In order to be fair they should clarify their preference, if any, before the race, not during or not at all. People donated time and money to Bernie, often sacrificing a lot for his ideals, sometimes at risk of physical violence (sadly). If the Democratic Party said last year that it wanted Hillary and that it would have been proactive to get her elected instead of Bernie or O'Malley then a lot of pain, time, and money would've been spared.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

What's the point of the facade of the party is going to rig things so that they get who they want instead of who the people want?

8. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It wouldn't change much of anything. They hate him. They have stated it. They might look like hypocrites, but that isn't exactly a revelation. I guess they might have had some narrative. As you mentioned the voicemail stuff is likely to be mostly mundane. That's what you get with a bunch of gathered data. Most of it's crap.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

So trump supporters are like Hillary supporters? :D

10. citizenzen Suspended

Okay. Then why is anybody expecting the DNC to behave differently?

It seems like they are being held to a different standard.

11. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

This referred to messages specific to the campaign itself, not necessarily the voter base. I'm not sure whether the DNC holds the same level of enmity toward Clinton. Wasserman was obviously shilling for her. I'm not sure about the others.

I guess they're convinced there's an asymmetric level of corruption, weighted toward the DNC. They want to see it come out. I really hate presidential election seasons.

12. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I hope this starts to begin to filter into some people's brains:

Why is Wikileaks hacking voicemails?

This isn't about uncovering corruption or wrongdoing. Its not fighting for truth and justice. Its an organization dedicated to doing the bidding of Vladimir Putin. And Vladimir Putin wants to damage and hurt the United States.

And he figures the best way to do that is to get Donald Trump elected President. So that he can surrender Ukraine to the Russians. So that he can dissolve NATO.

You don't hack a voicemail system because you are fighting for justice. You hack a voicemail system because you are a criminal.

I would, at this point, do anything within my power to destroy and discredit wikileaks.

They are, whatever their origins or original intentions, now nothing more than a tool of a Russian dictator. One who wants to create a dupe in the United States Oval Office.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Don't like the message? Kill the messenger. Hillary will be toast :D
    And you have no power here:D

14. hiddenmarkov, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016

hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

Rez's that poor dead horse.....

this would not be an issue if there was nothing there. When hackers sift data, junk data goes away. Moral to this....don't give them good data.

DNC and the white knighting people for them are like an idiotic spouse saying why me and its not my fault when caught cheating here in an odd situation really.

Scenario: Some guy had too much to drink, backed into the car in the parking while the cheater and the side action going at it with the cops right near by and they got cited for having sex in public with the side piece of ass same time as the DUI bust and that is how the spouse found out.

Its obviously its that drunk guys fault not theirs the BS statement they make. If that drunk guy never there...there'd be no problem. No....if not doing stupid stuff to worry about there'd be no problem.

E-mail and voicemail common sense. want to have those juicy talks....go somewhere private, with trusted peeps, and do your potentially shady stuff on the damned DL.

Edit: or used their damn SIPR access some have. If the (alleged) Russians hacked the SIPR...yes we have a massive ***** problem here to make DNC NIPR hack seem like child's play.

15. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I'm not real sure but I don't think voicemail systems were hacked. These voicemails were probably stored on the same computer system that had the emails on it.

We do live in a digital world now.

;)

16. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Lets play a little game, shall we?

Lets say you really were planning on working on a conspiracy. To rob a train. To assassinate a politician. To cheat on your wife. Whatever.

Would you, upon reaching someone's voicemail, leave a helpfully incriminating message?

"Hi Jim! This is Bill, just wanted to touch base with you about that robbery we've got planned for next Tuesday."

Or call someone back:

"Wassup, Dave. Thanks for the invite. But next week's a bear for me. Can you reschedule the assassination after tax season?"

People don't use voicemail to plan conspiracies. The only people who would hack a voicemail system are criminals, spies, or Rupert Murdoch journalists.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You need serious help.

18. hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

White knight syndrome...have to admire the faith they have a little. Its just in this case... the fair maiden they are white knighting really is not the fairest maiden.

Time may prove them right....but DC tends to make politicians stupid. Like taking bribes from FBI stings and keeping it in your freezer stupid. because you know it really helps your defence when the FBI can produce a spreadsheet that matches up bill serials exactly to whats inside your fridge in your own house.

19. Eraserhead, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The issue is that it isn't worth the Republicans trying to do the hack as if they got caught they'd be history.

Only a third party who wants Trump to win would do this.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 27, 2016 ---
    Timing is unfortunate. But the information seems right. Russia has never been a US ally. And it sure is odd how little Wikileaks has on the Russians.

What convinces me is the fact that Wikileaks has nothing on the doping scandal or the Sochi Olympics - or anything else.

20. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

People shouldn't theoretically use any type of recordable media format to do anything illegal. Aka "leave no paper trail". Maybe not everyone realizes their co-conspirator is not going to delete the message.

There are already signs of collusion in written emails by DNC officials. Frankly I think all of the people involved need to be fired.

Not to worry, I'm sure the skeletons in Trumps undoubtably large, walk in closet will soon reveal themselves too. He doesn't have a good reputation of Wall Street.

21. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Welcome back!

22. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

The RNC has been busy deleting their emails over the past few days in case they get hacked. Word on the street is they called Hilary for advice.

23. zin macrumors 6502

Wikileaks doesn't do the hacking. They have sources of breached documents and they act as the publishing authority, nothing more. Anybody can provide leaks to Wikileaks through a secure submission system they operate on their website.

When you don't even understand how Wikileaks operates, how can you expect anybody to take your Cold War rhetoric seriously? Why are you discrediting the messenger? Why not discredit the people engaging in rotten conduct?

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So who would hack the DNC but not the RNC?

And who funds Wikileaks? And why no scandals about the Russians?