WikiLeaks releases transcripts of Clinton Goldman Sachs speeches

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Oct 15, 2016.

1. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/15/politics/wikileaks-hillary-clinton-goldman-sachs-speeches/index.html
    --- Post Merged, Oct 15, 2016 ---

2. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Speech 2:

3. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Speech 3:

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Welcome to reality. Glad you finally made it.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

6. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

The three speeches have been an issue during this election cycle.
    CNN Breaking news right now. I haven't read them yet, but I will.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

It really puzzles me and others why she didn't publicly release these. I've read them and A LOT of it lines up with things she's said in public. The speeches aren't bad at all. Of course Trump & his supporters are looking for anything damaging in them.

But read it for yourself & be the judge.

8. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

agreed

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

You're in for a shock. By that, I mean, good luck finding anything damaging in them. The questionable things in the speeches just need some clarity.

10. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

You haven't read them yet.
    You haven't read them yet.
    You haven't read therm yet.

Yet you have already decided.

11. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Decided what ?

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I'm gonna refrain. Ok ?

YOU just posted THREE SPEECHES as QUOTES.

Yet you haven't read them yet.

LOOK at your OWN thread . Damn.

13. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

So?
    Is reporting the same as having an opinion? I will read the speeches, this post is for everyone who wants the info.
    You truly like going and attack people.

14. zin macrumors 6502

Do you think she'll nominate Lloyd Blankfein to be Secretary of the Treasury? She'd be following in Bush's footsteps on so many issues.

15. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

You dude have ..I'm speechless.

/ignore

16. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

You're truly one of the most boring people on this forum.
    Seriously, I publish an article (breaking news)by CNN, and the entirety of the information (three speeches, in full, no editing), I don't even comment, and you accuse me of I don't know what.
    Get a grip man, sometimes people just want to SHARE.

17. zin macrumors 6502

Those poor banks. Why did she support Dodd Frank if her banking friends are so scared of regulations?

Ah, that's why.

18. nfl46 macrumors 603

So, you still haven't found anything "damaging" in them? We are waiting. I mean, something, that would sink her campaign. I bet you are reading them and questioning why she didn't release them either.

19. zin macrumors 6502

Nothing Hillary does is damaging to you. If arming terrorists that behead children was something that you wrote off as 'Everybody makes mistakes' then having a comfortable relationship with large banks certainly isn't.

But no, I can definitely see why she didn't release them. Open borders, trade agreements, saying her own policy on Syria would 'kill a lot of Syrians', supporting bank regulation just for 'political reasons', increasing tensions with the Chinese by putting missile defence in the region.

20. nfl46 macrumors 603

Thanks for you insight. I was curious to see what you thought about them. If you find anything else, please let me know. Thanks, zin!

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

RENZ NOT ME

I've read through the first one.

In a strange, round about way, it does more to bolster Clinton's reputation than it does harm it.

Yeah, we live in a scary world, one filled with multiple interests needing to protect other multiple interests that aren't necessarily our interests themselves, but still need to be addressed, because protecting the interests of our interests are sometimes in our own interests. There's a stark, unadorned pragmatism to it all that can sometimes comes across as ugly, because, well, this is the making of the sausage. It's a side of politics the voters rarely ever get to see.

It shows Clinton as the wonk she is. Obsessed with the details, concerned with the end results. She's not always right, and it's not always pretty, but she's always well informed of everything that's going on.

It hurts Clinton in the sense that we hate stark pragmatists in our politics. We want our asses kissed, and to be told everything will be alright. This is pretty much the core reason why we've seen the rise of a potential Trump presidency,. We live in scary times, and his whole message has been that he'll make America great again, by getting the quote unquote right people to do the job. We kinda ignore the fact that it's all just empty rhetoric, because it doesn't tell us HOW he's going to make America better, just that, well ****, he wants to, and that's good enough for me!. We like the way it sounds. You won't find any of that in these speeches (or at least the first). It's all scary stuff about tenuous balances, and what we need to keep other countries from doing to maintain this and that.

It helps Clinton in the sense that, well holy ******* ****, she actually does know what she's talking about. Not that this should be sung with praise and adoration, because, hell, we should consider a basic working knowledge of the state of the world as the bare ******* minimum of the presidency. But really, could you imagine Trump talking about this stuff? He's a salesman. He's good at what he does. Made billions doing. But what he does is a narrow, narrow slice of a much larger world that he knows absolutely nothing about. Advisors can only take him so far. Really, it'd be the advisors doing the work for him.

Though I'm sure in the end there'll be some little paragraph that'll sound pretty damning, and it'll be spread across the internet, inspiring the ire and rage of all kinds of people, who will then wail and gnash their teeth over it, and blah blah blah blah blah let's take everything and distort it in the worst possible way, and goddamn.

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Haven't gotten to the second and third ones yet, but based on the first one, wow....how awful...she's knowledgeable about the players and policies in the world. Everything Trump lacks. The horror.

So now that these are out there, can we see Donald's taxes?

24. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Yeah, it clearly defines who Hillary is, and the political backroom deals that drive her thinking and actions.

Damning? Only if integrity is valuable in a President.

25. nfl46 macrumors 603

So, what bad things that you find in the speeches?