WikiLeaks reveals Hillary Clinton to be . . . reasonable.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Oct 13, 2016.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

The editorial board of the Washington Post examined the information from wikileaks and concluded that it shows HRC is "knowledgeable, balanced" and promoting sound policy ...
    As we've seen in these threads, there has been a desperate attempt by conservatives to spin the information in negative ways, usually with statements that have been taken out of context.

The editorial board concludes ...

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"The editorial board of the Washington Post" is okay with treason, funding terrorists.

3. zin Suspended

This is well and truly ****ed up. This is the level of propaganda that I read about from the Korean Central News Agency.

I'd expect nothing more from The Washington Post, though.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Hmm, the American people seemed to be ok with treason (by definition) from Nixon in his behind the scenes sabotaging of a peace deal in Vietnam (http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21768668), and Reagan's treasonous deal to supply F16 parts to Iran so they would keep the hostages until the election was over.

But please, continue about how treasonous the Clinton "email" scandal was. I'll be here seething over things to really be pissed off about, like Obama and Clinton's violation of US law in continuing to support the Honduran government via "military aid" after the military coup. Or Hillary's personal intervention in Haitian affairs to block a pay raise to sweatshop workers on the behalf of the likes of Walmart and their ilk.

But please, please, let us all continue the outrage of the emails, the same practice that Colin Powell continued. While we're at it, where are those millions of deleted-from-a-private-server Iraq War run-up emails that the Bush administration got rid of? You know the ones that discussed the lead up to an illegal war that never got to be scrutinized via FOIA because they were erased.

All I'm saying is if we're going to go after Clinton, let's do it for the **** she actually does that matters. To harp on these bogus charges only dilutes the seriousness of actual crimes and policy.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That Hillary is reasonable comes as a surprise to almost no one, except the people who write posts like these:

I keep hearing we're going to find some kind of astounding revelations in these links, when all they actually reveal is stuff that is, well, mundane.

But let the conservatives living in their little VR dystopia have their freak out. They are beyond help.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Says the guy with the avatar that proves Trump lives in your head rent free.

7. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Wait, so now it's ok to agree with and like Wikileaks? So confused. :confused:

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Don't tell vrdrew.

9. zin Suspended

Illegal collusion with Super PACs, propaganda being spread across the mainstream media, 'birthday gifts' being given to Bill by Qatar, more evidence the primary was rigged against Bernie, accepting money from foreign agents, Clinton's true positions on open borders.

Yeah, mundane. Check out that stupid thing Trump said 11 years ago! Hillary supporter? :rolleyes:

10. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Don't think they "like" Wikileaks. It's more of a Wikileaks put out mundane info.

Now unless Wikileaks/Russia/Drumpf inc. put out REAL damaging stuff on Clinton they should just give up or become impartial and put out some mundane stuff on Drumpf.

11. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Try not to be confused. The point is that the information wikileaks has doled out hasn't been the campaign-shattering exposé you conservatives have been dreaming about. It's not a judgement about wikileaks at all. It is however, a judgement about some conservatives, and their ability to read and comprehend that information.

12. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Thankfully your comrades have told us to believe nothing from Wikileaks. Close up shop, boys. Nothing to see here.

13. MarkusL macrumors 6502

So, everything Trump voters hate...

14. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Dude if you imply I'm somehow a communist again I'm gonna consider it a personal insult.

From the PRSI standards board :

Rules:
    1. Name-calling. Name-calling falls into the category of insults and will be treated as such according to the forum rules, your own opinion about another member notwithstanding. You can't call a bigot a bigot, a troll a troll, or a fanboy a fanboy, any more than you can call an idiot an idiot. You can disagree with the content of another member's statement or give your evidence or opinion to dispute their claims, but you may not make a negative personal characterization about that member.
    2. Insults. Slurs and insults against groups of people based on negative-stereotyping and obvious generalizations fall into the category of trolling and will be treated as such.
    3. Taunting. Mocking or taunting another forum member is not acceptable. Posts that ridicule another member or obviously exaggerate or misstate their views may be removed.

15. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't think you're quite correct there. In threads you'll find my comrades encouraging righties on how to read that information correctly, without the paranoid, partisan spin that some were using to distort that information.

Accuracy counts. That is the message the Washington Post Editorial Board is trying to convey.

16. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Holy cow the left is really spinning out of control lately. It appears we have different definitions. I look at comrade, which I said your comrades, not you, as "friend", "mate", "colleague", or "ally". What you choose to believe is obviously up to you.
    While I'm sure many of the righties appreciate your comrades telling them how to read, I'd be willing to bet they're more than capable of breaking it down for themselves. I know one of the left's favorite activities is to correct wherever it seems fit, I just don't think them telling people what to think works well outside of public education.

17. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss people"

This election has proven unequivocally which group modern society falls into.

18. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

With all honesty, a review of the wikileaks threads proves otherwise.

19. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

In your opinion, correct?

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

you mean besides the fact she KNOWS who is funding ISIS and is not attacking them? like that?

21. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Yes. Like that.

Go study political science for a while then get back to me.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

you obviously studied deflection 101 .

23. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I answered your question point blank dude.

She knows a lot of stuff that should not be in public domain for various national security reasons.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

with a red herring.
    something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting

25. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes. It's my opinion that many of the PRSI members on the right have demonstrated poor reading comprehension skills when it came to wikileaks, interpreting them in dark and sinister ways when there was little dark or sinister content within them.

And the Washington Post Editorial Board agrees with me.

Accuracy counts. Partisanship shouldn't determine one's ability to read and comprehend information.