WikiLeaks Wants to Publish Trump's Tax Returns

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jan 25, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/wikileaks-wants-publish-trumps-tax-160202228.html
    so are the lefties once again going to like Wiki if they do this? :D

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

from what?

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Previous pro-Trump stuff ;).

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

how many did you eat Steve?
    it would make sense to release that first, although I can't imagine what can be worse.

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

you'd think for consistency, they'd invite WikiLeaks to publish the tax returns. I mean, after all, they invited WikiLeaks to publish Clinton's emails.

But I have to agree with @Eraserhead in the fact that this might be a diversion; Assange did say he'd turn himself in to the US Government if Chelsea Manning was freed. perhaps we're seeing the pea/shell game being played here.

BL.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I Still think they are likely a Russian cut out.

9. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Am I the only one who doesn't care about his tax returns? I'm 99.99% sure that he barely paid any tax by utilizing every loophole in the book, which is pretty much what all the wealthy people do.

10. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

That would be awesome.

It's pretty clear to anyone with a brain that there must be something in Trump's tax returns that he really really really doesn't want his voters to see. He doesn't care about angering his opponents more, so if it was what we expect (Russian investments, tax evasion, golden shower deductions, etc.) he would have released it already. So there must be something there that he predicts would really turn the MAGA folks against him.

I look forward to reading it.

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

No-one can be 100% sure of that, which is why the releasing of those returns is required. total doubt can not be removed until that is done.

BL.

12. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

At least 340,000 people care:
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...on-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

At this pace, this petition should have over 500,000 people by the deadline. Or in Trump's words, like 1 or 1.5 million people signed it.

13. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Does this mean Russia is or isn't behind The Don?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 25, 2017 ---
    He took advantage of every law to ensure he pays as little as he could, just like we all do? Gasp.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Not all, merely some.

16. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Seriously, I don't know anyone who would voluntarily forgo deductions that could drastically slash their tax bill.

17. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Wikileaks continues to pursue a destructive, invasive, and illegal campaign. And this is just the latest round in its efforts to destabilize the United States.

Donald Trump ought to publish his own tax returns, following the precedent set by every previous President in the past thirty years. But he needs to do it himself because it is the decent thing to do.

Anyone leaking or stealing any private, personal documents is a criminal.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

I still maintain that Trump's taxes are not being released because of ego more than entanglements (although it could be both). Look at how Trump has responded to the popular vote and inaugural attendance. Now transpose that behavior if people start looking at his finances and intimating he is not worth/doesn't have nearly what he says he is.

But he also shot himself in the foot. He said he would release them. And now Assange (who I'm not the biggest fan of anyway) has seemingly enough of a moral compass to hold him to that promise.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Good liberals always pay more than they should. It's only evil right wingers that use legal tax deductions. :rolleyes:

20. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

I know many liberals :cool:

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

There's a difference between taking advantage of stuff laid out in statute and taking advantage of dodgy grey area schemes to avoid tax. Trump does the latter. Not every rich person does.

22. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Meh, and on it goes. Of course they want to do that after the election but I guess it's still good enough to further discredit your president.

23. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I will say this: By 2020, if not sooner (read: 2018), we will now know part of what will be contained in the next Constitutional Amendment.

BL.

24. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

25. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Well, you have just identified the issue, the fact that these grey areas exist is THE problem. Our tax code is in desperate need of wholesale reform and simplification. Filing a regular individual return shouldn't take up the whole day and require a stack of confusing forms. As they say, don't blame the player, blame the game.