Wildlife in Alaska beware, your days are numbered.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Feb 19, 2017.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

http://www.ecowatch.com/house-bill-legalize-killing-wildlife-2267895887.html

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

States should handle the wild life as it sees fit, not the Feds

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

But trump is a protected president.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

As were the retards before him . Chapo Guzmán did not care and put a 5 million bounty on trump

5. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Well the Bounty Man is fairly burley.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

How about we let the local people living in the area handle it instead of the state. I doubt the natives living near those refuges who live sustainably off of the land will appreciate sport hunters coming in from the city and wrecking the ecosystem.

I get the feeling that "States Rights" only applies when you agree with the decision of the state.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

sure, except these are national wildlife refuges

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I'm going to guess that you don't hunt, or even know how wildlife is managed or the actual impact the dollars that out of state hunters have on state economies . My deer tags about 35. Out of state 300-400 depending on tag , cheapest I have seen was 160 and I forgot the state or game. W/o guides you are likely to have tag soup. I had to eat tag soup 4 years in a row. Game wardens depend on money , states depend on money. And don't worry, they won't kill the golden goose just for money
    --- Post Merged, Feb 19, 2017 ---
    https://www.fws.gov/refuges/
    trust the game wardens to do the right thing . U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service employees who are entrusted to be stewards of our nation’s wildlife refuges work hard to ensure a healthy future for wildlife and people. They are on the front lines innovating ways to conserve and restore America’s wild heritage. They look for ways improve outdoor experiences for hunters, anglers, photographers and families. Their work is not only important; it’s also cool.

9. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

So it's ok to kill a hibernating bear or some den full of wolf pups?

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Ask the game warden of the state, let me know how that works out for you :D

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Doubt that's true with @jkcerda, I think he is probably the least hypocritical Conservative here by a long way.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Oh? Ask him about what he thinks about states rights when it comes to California gun laws.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Is the second part of the CONSTITUTION? the constitution IMHO separates state from the Feds. You can always ask me directly. I don't have you on ignore.

14. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I haven't had you on ignore for a while.

Do you think there is no constitutional basis for the federal government having some say in a state's regulation of wildlife?

16. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Game wardens are state and don't work for them. They work with them. If it's a refuge then I don't trust them to do he right thing all the time. State and federal should be separate. If they want the refuge to be state sponsored and run by game wardens then it should be 100% paid by said state.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I'm pretty biased here and can't think of a reason for the Feds to do so , states are the ones better suited to manage game as they see fit , there is money involved as well as the well being of the ecosystem that comes into play . Can the Feds do good at times? Sure, iirc Obama did just that. I'll fish for the link. Currently on the phone so give me a bit .

18. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

cuz like her emails man

19. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

Hillary having a few dodgy emails doesn't sound so bad now after the Month of Trump.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

As a hunter I "lost" hunting land, as a conservantionist I my KIDS gained land that will not be developed.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...rnia-national-monument.amp.html?client=safari

My old hunting area is under threat, from pos developers who continue to love into the mountains :mad: I rather lose the area entirely to the Feds as a national monument than to developers , too many idiots love in close to the mountains and the are horrified by cause "whiskers" or "patches" was dragged away by a coyote or a bear. :rolleyes:

21. Desertrat macrumors newbie

State game laws already prevent such things as shooting hibernating bears. That's one of the reason for hunting seasons.

Always remember that hunters' regulations and ethics allow game species to remain viable for hunting. In essence, hunters' take is much like the interest on capital; they don't spend capital.

Hunter money from license fees and the 11% tax on firearms pay for game wardens and wildlife biologists. Very little comes from general revenue budgets.

No game animal is endangered or even threatened (other than in some localized anomalous situation). In many areas, the main threats to wildlife populations are weather and the habitat loss from suburban development.

The worst enemies of rational management of wildlife were Felix Salter (author of Bambi) and Walt Disney. They induced the anthropomorphizing of wildlife such that too many suggestions for management are based on emotion instead of science.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

There is a ton of information on the subject, including Supreme Court decisions that confirm the federal government's role. Here is the briefest introduction that helps to establish the federal right to have some say in wildlife regulation ...
    And this was a precedent setting Supreme Court decision on the matter: Hughes v. Oklahoma, 441 U.S. 322 (1979)

tl;dr: states don't have exclusive control, and under certain circumstances, federal authority exceeds states.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I'm. Not in the mood for facts right now. At the movies, read it tomorrow:p

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

interesting. state had stupid laws...thanks for the link.

25. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Hughes seems irrelevant to the thread's subject. It overturned a state decision, not a federal law.