Will 2-3 signal bars effect the battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Laidbackal, May 14, 2012.

1. Laidbackal macrumors regular

I have a sprint iPhone why sprint has an iPhone I do not know lol but in my house I only have 2-3 bars it's never more than this.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Yes, on Sprint and Verizon, lower signal levels means it will burn through more battery as it has to send more power to the radio to maintain a connection.

3. Laidbackal thread starter macrumors regular

Oh no anyway to resolve this issue. I see many AT&T users with 5 full bars.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Nothing you can do. When I had Sprint, if I were stuck in meetings all day, my battery would be dead before I went home - because there was very little service in the conference room (1-2 bars).

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

It all depends on the coverage each provider has in each area. In some places, AT&T will have a better signal while, in others, Verizon or Sprint will.

6. JakeT85 macrumors regular

JakeT85

Get an AT&T Account or buy a car charger. May improve on its own though with Sprint's Network Modernization Project. One of the goals of the project is improved coverage, which should mean stronger signal.

7. Laidbackal thread starter macrumors regular

Wow well atleast I usually get about 5-6 hours despite my bad signal I guess that's good.

----------

I guess the car charger since im kinda stuck with sprint lol.

8. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

This is exactly what I've found. In our office, there's maybe 1 tiny bar or "no service". My phone will be dead by the end of the work day, but if I turn off cell data in settings (forcing the phone to use WiFi instead), the battery will barely drop all day.