Will 3.1 allow me to connect to my Ford via bluetooth and play music?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by londonmystery, Jul 19, 2009.

1. londonmystery macrumors 6502

londonmystery

I have a Ford Galaxy late 2008 model which has Bluetooth connectivity for phones. My iphone 3gs works great using it but only to make calls and view my contact list. Will 3.1 allow me to play music using BT and not through the aux input which is what I currently have to do?

thanks for any help. :):)

2. nitemare macrumors regular

only if the Sync system supports BT Audio Streaming. if it does it shouldve worked with 3.0 as well. best thing to do is read the manual that came with ur car and read up on the MS Sync

3. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

I put 3.1 on my 3GS and connected it to my 2010 Kia Forte and I was not able to bluetooth music over......

4. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

I believe the BT change in 3.1 allows BT control of Voice Control over Bluetooth and not streaming audio, I could be wrong.

5. bstpierre macrumors 6502

Ford doesn't currently offer the Ford Sync system in Europe. If he had that it would work.

I don't know about Europe's system.

6. patrickvanzandt macrumors member

I have this working with iPhone OS 3.0. I am able to play music (via bluetooth) on my the Sync system in my 2008 Ford Focus SE (U.S.).

If it doesn't work -- maybe you have an older version of the Sync software? You can update via syncmyride.com.

Note: at least in my case, there is no functionality to CONTROL the iPhone via bluetooth (except for making/receiving phone calls, voice dialing, etc). With respect to playing music (whether via iPod app, Sirius app, etc), all I get is a stereo audio stream. Changing tracks, etc must be done via the iPhone touch screen.