Will a 3GS PS Crystal Film fit on the IP4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sinnerman49, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Sinnerman49 macrumors member

Heading to the beach this weekend, and need to get a cover on my screen. Tried the IS, but the orange peel and rubber feel were horrible, not to mention its a pita to get on.

How does the 3GS Power Support Crystal film fit on the ip4? Obviously the camera will be covered, is that the only issue?

2. koolzero macrumors regular

I would be interested on finding out about this this too, and I was tempted to get a 3gs crystal film protector to try on an i4. Then I noticed on their site that they have a specific i4 version for about 5 bucks more so I'm wondering if it is a different material so that it doesn't distort the HD image, because they did say HD anti-glare screen for i4. It would also depend if the on the i4 cover if they have a cutout for the front facing camera...

3. ihonda macrumors 68000

already a thread+pics about this, it doesnt fit since the new phone is taller. i mean it fits but not well.

4. itcrashed macrumors regular

itcrashed

Does it fit? Yes.
    Perfectly? No.

I used the PS film from my 3GS temporarily while I waited for films from SGP. If you line up the cut out for the home button, you will find that the cut out for the earpiece is off by about 1-2mm. The length of the film is short about 3mm while the width is just right. Hope this helps.

If that's all you have lying around for temp protection, it should be good enough.

5. LittleRedBird macrumors member

No, it does not fit perfectly. I'm just using my old film on the front until the new ones ship.

Attached Files: