Both Prosser and Komiya say August; Komiya last week Aug.I think i will eventually just crumble and fall for the 2019 one if we have nothing by mid august. It will be painful till it arrives, but than i will be actually working rather than worrying...
What special Event? iPhone is delayed according to Apple themselves.Both Prosser and Komiya say August; Komiya last week Aug.
We will know a lot more about his reliability by September.What special Event? iPhone is delayed according to Apple themselves.
Also i don't think he is one of the relevant leakers to be honest.
And "product" could mean everything and anything.
I am looking at mid august. Wednesday 12th of august.
Yes he changes his mind a few times. That could be more info coming to him or it could suggest his sources are a shambles. He is issuing a lot of leaks; whether they are reliable or not time will tell.This Komiya guy has had about 5 different release dates for the iMac within the last week alone.
The thing just is that, as of now, there is no special event early September. Apple said iPhone is delayed. So that makes no sense.Yes he changes his mind a few times. That could be more info coming to him or it could suggest his sources are a shambles. He is issuing a lot of leaks; whether they are reliable or not time will tell.
Komiya changed his prediction of the special event to "September" as opposed to 8th September, probably after Apple announced the delay, but he supposedly still believes the iMac will be the last week of August.The thing just is that, as of now, there is no special event early September. Apple said iPhone is delayed. So that makes no sense.
Than there is the date of 13th and 14th of august were Apple claimes to have restocked every single AppleStore in Europe with iMac. If that really is the old machine, and not a new one, they got hundreds, if not thousands of computers back in store two weeks before the new one launched. Why would they do that?
It just seems very sketchy what he is claiming.
Yeah that was full on annoying. All these leakers are wrong at times, it's just whether they ever get any right as you say. I wouldn't trust him over more established leakers and I'm looking forward to seeing what transpires. He's also said iPad around 8th September while Prosser said October so we'll soon see how reliable he is.Nah Komiya lost 110 percent of my attention when they outright promised an iMac last week and said something like ‘I’m not wrong about this one!’ And then minutes later counter predicted themselves. What’s nice though is that you can actually atleast rule out whatever dates they say as possibilities, because the chance that they’d ever be right about literally anything are null. So if they said last week of August it must mean it’s coming before then.
I'd hold off a few more weeks if you can bear it if you are hoping for a redesign. You never know, it must just drop with a redesign or reduced bezels at least. The leakers aren't having much joy lately so they could be wrong about no redesign.Yesterday Apple had the following refurb iMac available:
Retail price is $3,049 Rufurb was priced at $2,549 ... so $500 off! I was about 5 seconds from buying one, but by the time I could get it queued up on my phone they were out of stock. I've been checking since yesterday and all iMacs refurbs are out of stock.
My plan was to wait until the refresh, but frankly I'm sick of waiting and with all the rumors that there will be no redesign I feel like an iMac that is released with those kind of specs will probably be more expensive than $2,549...
What should I do keep monitoring for a refurb to pop back up or wait? Honestly, don't want to spend much more than $2,500 for similar or better performance than what I would get out of the above config. Thoughts?
The more important question is do we think they will release a 27" ish size iMac with that sort of power / specs for around $2,500 or less? Or do we think that something with that sort of power / specs is going to be more like $3,000 or more. If we think it will be more like $3,000 or more I don't think waiting is worth it because I'm not going to spend $3,000 or more on a computer.I'd hold off a few more weeks if you can bear it if you are hoping for a redesign. You never know, it must just drop with a redesign or reduced bezels at least. The leakers aren't having much joy lately so they could be wrong about no redesign.
A bunch of esteemed twitterati claimed an iMac was going to be released last Monday before Jon Prosser came in and said it wasnt happening and they all ran for the hills.Dudes! Hey. I was missing for 2 weeks. Did anything important happen during this time?