Will adding 4gb more of ram to my macbook pro (summer 2009) help bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thebluedemon, Sep 1, 2010.

1. thebluedemon macrumors newbie

I'm planning on adding 4gb more of ram to my macbook pro (summer 2009). I'll probably get the 8gb crucial set. I have given about 100 gb of hard drive space to window7, and I have used about half of it. I'm running 64 bit window7 through bootcamp. On window 7, I use photoshop, illustrator, rhino (3d modeling tool) and 3D max studio (to render whatever I modeled in rhino) and I usually run those applications one at a time. When I run these applications they usually lag and slow down. Will adding the extra ram help the performance of these applications? or is it more about the processor and graphics card?

I don't know too much about computers, so any advice will help.

15" Macbook Pro (Summer 2009), 2.66ghz DuoCore Intel Processor, 500GB HD

2. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

It surprises me that you don’t know a lot about computers (your words not mine) even though you do a lot of smart sounding stuff.

More RAM always helps but before you go spending a few hundred bucks, you might want to see how much memory you are using when you are running these apps.

3. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

what he said, open up your activity monitor while you have all of this runnign and and that will tell you the % you have left, with 4 gb of ram on my brand new 15" macbook pro i have 500 MB left with only star craft 2 running, so i will need more, but if you cannot figure that out more ram will always make it run smoother ALWAYS