Will an Airport Extreme work out of the box with xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shinji, Apr 22, 2009.

1. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

From what I've read there used to be a compatibility issue because the port the xbox 360 uses was blocked by default or something, but now with port mapping there is a way to get this to work in the newest airport extreme? Does anyone else have this working smoothly?

What I don't want to do is have it connect to my computer and then xbox live, which I know is a workaround. I just want the xbox to work with the router directly.

2. mach42006 macrumors member

I would be interested in finding this out as well. I was planning on getting an Airport Extreme within the next 2 weeks, but if it doesn't play nice with the Xbox, then I'm going to have to reconsider.

3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I connected my AP express to my AP extreme via the network extending thing on the Apple routers, and my xbox into the express, and it worked fine. No other setup required.

4. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

When my family got a PlayStation 3, all we had to do was put in our network password and name, and the system connected to our wireless network with out any problems.

I realize that this is a Xbox but I would guess that the network setup/configuration process on both would be somewhat similar.

Yeah, it would work out of the box. Once you have it configured (AirPort Extreme) to your wireless network.

5. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

I have set up an XBox 360 Live with both the newest Airport Extreme that just came out a while ago and with the previous generation.
    It was no problem at all.
    I set up my wireless network first on the Airport Extreme, then when that's done have the XBox find your network, enter password and that's about it.